Matrix vs Battlefront versions?

Hi, 

I've bought all my games directly through BF over the years which includes all titles except CMCW which I'm now thinking to pick up. I saw Matrix store has a winter discount so I was wondering what the difference is between that version and BF? I'm on PC so If I bought it at Matrix store would I be able to use same key if I download the game directly from BF or are they different?

I know the other way around works as you can register CM games in your Matrix profile.

29 minutes ago, Redwolf said:

There are 3 versions:

- BFC

- Matrix

- Steam

Buying Matrix gives you Matrix and Steam, but not BFC. The Matrix version has better DRM (no activation limit). However, if you don't have the BFC version you can never run on Mac. Matrix and Steam might also be later with patches.

Good explanation but it is NOT 3 versions. It is 1 version that can be bought from three different distributors (one being the developer himself).

5 hours ago, Sunbather said:

Good explanation but it is NOT 3 versions. It is 1 version that can be bought from three different distributors (one being the developer himself).

Depending on how technical you want to get about it......There are actually 4 versions. 🙂 The ones Redwolf listed, but there are 2 Battlefront versions, Mac and Windows. That is if you want to dig into the coding. For all practical purposes there is 1.

A Battlefront purchase gives you access to all 4. You can redeem your Battlefront license key for both Steam and Matrix license keys. I try to match the sales that they offer but I'm not always notified. A weird one with this sale is that it looks like Matrix is offering them for less than they are on Steam.

I will adjust our pricing today.