Steam key for BF purchased CMFB (Mac version)

Apache

Just got my 3 Steam keys for CMBN, CMSF2, and CMBS.  I've tried all the keys I have for CMFB though and Slitherine site returns 'key not valid'.  Not sure if that's because I bought from BF as a direct Mac only download or what.  I don't even know if the Mac download options are on Steam for the other games or not?  I've hardly ever used Steam other than for one Civ game I tried (and quickly binned) so it's not a resource I'm used too.  I tried a copy / paste of the activation code direct from the BF store Orders page too so the code is definitely correct.

Are the keys being rejected because it's a BF direct / Mac only purchase and, if so, is there any way to get a Steam key for it? Or is it the date of purchase (2016) being before some relevant policy change?  I've only bothered with the keys so I can get pain / hassle free installs in the future.

Edited by Apache

10 hours ago, ratdeath said:

CMFB is not released on Steam/Slitherine (yet). Maybe early next year :)

Ah that explains it then, thanks.  I didn't actually check the game page for CMFB on Slitherine, was just going through my keys and selected CMFB from the drop downs.

Bit confused as to how the keys work TBH. I have various game keys and v4 upgrade keys.  Do I just need the latest upgrade key or do I need to register every key for every game?

Edited by Apache

When I finally went with Steam, I had to do pretty much every license activation (modules + base game + packs) as I recall.  Fortunately for me I had saved my activation codes for each game, upgrade, etc. in a text file as I added things over the years so all that stuff was in one place.

But the nice thing is you only do this once, and then thereafter loading the games onto other PCs or laptops or whatever is really simple.  Just log into steam and install and play.