PBEM ++ Issues

In round 2 of the tournament. I have run into an issue where the games will load, but the passwords cannot be entered. Does anyone know to resolve this. Opened a ticket with Slitherine Support, but have not heard back. Also, do we have any way to end abandoned games in-progress? 

49 minutes ago, aef027 said:

In round 2 of the tournament. I have run into an issue where the games will load, but the passwords cannot be entered. Does anyone know to resolve this. Opened a ticket with Slitherine Support, but have not heard back. Also, do we have any way to end abandoned games in-progress? 

ALWAYS leave the passwords blank in tournament battles. 

From the tournament announcement posts:

"Before joining the tournament, please take a moment
and carefully read these instructions that are specific
to all Combat Mission Tournaments!!!

-          Because of the way that Combat Mission’s original “play by email” system works, both game
files have an in-game field for password protection of the file. This field should be left blank. For the
Axis side the password has been selected before the battles were sent and that field is to be
left blank. You can use a password for the Russian side but it isn’t needed because the Tournament
feature handles protection from cheating without using the in game system.
-          The Tournament will have you playing 2 individual battles where you are playing both sides of
the same battle. If you get into the game before your opponent, you will see 1 game turn to play. If
your opponent has gotten there first then you will see 2 turn files and each turn thereafter should
have 2 files.
 - Once a tournament begins you will receive the files in the "Saved Game and PBEM"; drop menu
under Automated PBEM++ In Progress. You will receive email notifications when your opponent has
sent you turns. "

On 10/27/2023 at 8:04 PM, BFCElvis said:

ALWAYS leave the passwords blank in tournament battles. 

From the tournament announcement posts:

"Before joining the tournament, please take a moment
and carefully read these instructions that are specific
to all Combat Mission Tournaments!!!

-          Because of the way that Combat Mission’s original “play by email” system works, both game
files have an in-game field for password protection of the file. This field should be left blank. For the
Axis side the password has been selected before the battles were sent and that field is to be
left blank. You can use a password for the Russian side but it isn’t needed because the Tournament
feature handles protection from cheating without using the in game system.
-          The Tournament will have you playing 2 individual battles where you are playing both sides of
the same battle. If you get into the game before your opponent, you will see 1 game turn to play. If
your opponent has gotten there first then you will see 2 turn files and each turn thereafter should
have 2 files.
 - Once a tournament begins you will receive the files in the "Saved Game and PBEM"; drop menu
under Automated PBEM++ In Progress. You will receive email notifications when your opponent has
sent you turns. "

There is no password. It pops up to enter pw and when I click OK nothing happens. In task manager...the game is still running. I have to end the task to stop the game, otherwise it stays in the system tray, but won't go to the game. If I bring it up...its still at enter password....It allows me to click OK, but nothing happens. Also, is there a way to end abandoned games that are alll over my in-progress folder or am I stuck waiting for Slitherine support? Thanks 

I would just end the tournament games for this round  if I could and let opponent win...I dont care too much about winning and losing...I just enjoy playing the game h2h. This has happened to me in Cold War before outside of the Tournament,  but not Battle for Normandy. 

Edited by aef027

Perhaps raise a ticket and attach some screenshots. Did you get the files 1st or did your opponent set up 1st.

Not sure if Elvis can help but he might be able to progress it if anything can be done.

Are you just doing CMBN or any of the others? Are they working on if doing the others?

I tried doing the 1st round on a laptop but after a couple of turns the laptop couldn't cope. The desktop however works great.

Not sure what would happen if say your oppo ignored the instructions setting it up and entered a PWD?

I am in 2 of the tournaments and the 1st round of CMBN we had no issues. Guess I have to wait to see if Slitherine will respond to the ticket. Annoying but not the end of the world.  I was making sure there was nothing I was obviously overlooking. This happened in Cold War between a friend of mine and I, bur we just abandoned that game and started a new one. Can't do that for Tourney. I do not see the files locally on my machined or I would delete and try to download them again. Who knows...Thanks for the replies. 

The US Fight club experienced similar on a tournament that was specific to their group. I opened Ticket#2023110110000166 via Slitherine's support email. I have yet to get a reply on it. Speaking of replies, what we were noticing was that as you start the match in this round of PBEM++ for the tourney, any responses are coming back as new Challenges! Its crazy. Anyhow, I hope someone with Slitherine sees this, and checks on this particular ticket as this has stopped our tournament cold. - Peter R.