C2 bug?

If I'm not mistaken, a squad whose platoon HQ has been KIA is in C2 when in contact with its company HQ. It works perfectly when the platoon HQ has been KIA during the game.

I just noticed that, in a campaign, a HQ-less platoon is not in C2 anymore when in contact with its company HQ. Sounds like a bug to me, I doubt it is WAD (what would be the point to send a platoon to combat with no chain of command whatsoever???).

captur49.png

AT Detachment, 15th Platoon, C Co. is in contact of C Company HQ just behind him. No C2 at all.

captur50.png

14 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

I think the C2 is not as reliable as the regular Platoon HQ

Not sure about what you mean. I the previous mission of the campaign I lost also (!) 18 Platoon HQ, and I was able to get all 18 Platoon squads in C2 once D Co HQ was at proper range.

In your picture he is in C2 with his regiment and maybe in radio contact with his other two platoons too.

You mean C Co HQ is in C2 with his regiment? Sure it is (radio link). And there is proper C2 contact with other platoons HQ as well. But why is the 15 Platoon's squad just behind NOT in C2 with C Co HQ?

They lost C2 during all of the Campaign?.

No, only during the previous mission... 15 Platoon was decimated by a devastating Nebelwerfer barrage. Even though none of the platoon units fired a single shot...😭

2 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Not sure about what you mean.

When they are close inside four action squares, they pass on intel like any other unit. Like unbuttoned armor with an infantry unit. There is really no point showing it is in C2 to state the obvious the unit is really close. In your picture the C2 is the PIAT only it is the C detachment of the other two teams which probably are out of C2. It could be possible that all of the squad need to merge before it shows in C2 with the Company HQ. 

The Company Hq should take over command if the platoon/section hq is either not available at the moment (to far away, panicked e. g. ) or dead/heavily wounded. 

At that distance you should get at least an eye (visual contact) and/or mouth (vocal contact) symbol if they are not hiding. 

The only explanation for this, besides a bug, would be that it is not the C company of this AT detachment. 

Double click on the company hq to check if it is really a subordinate unit of his. 

Sometimes contact can be lost randomly but should be back online soon after if all requirements are still set (unit close enough and somewhat combat ready). 

4 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Also try pressing Alt+x to toggle on the visual command lines. Those can often help explain who is really supposed to be in C2 with whom.

I must confess I never used Alt+x command… 😳 Probably because it doesn't exist! 😎

More seriously, thanks for reminding me the Alt+z command (I guess you have your own keyboard shortcuts…), and I still must confess I never used it before. It confirms that the whole 15 Platoon is out of C2, as I suspected.

9 hours ago, Brille said:

At that distance you should get at least an eye (visual contact) and/or mouth (vocal contact) symbol if they are not hiding.

Nobody's hiding.

Double click on the company hq to check if it is really a subordinate unit of his.

It is. 15 Platoon is under C Company command.

Sometimes contact can be lost randomly but should be back online soon after if all requirements are still set (unit close enough and somewhat combat ready).

I moved C Co HQ especially to take 15 platoon's lead; I played several turns and still, no C2 link.

As promised, here's a link to the save file of my present game (I hope it works…):

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/qq2lokv9b6gitm45td6v8/h?rlkey=g80dap3yzn2spc0krlwdhfvki&dl=0

7 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

I must confess I never used Alt+x command… 😳 Probably because it doesn't exist! 😎

More seriously, thanks for reminding me the Alt+z command (I guess you have your own keyboard shortcuts…)

I meant alt+z of course :) Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Bulletpoint

2 hours ago, PEB14 said:

As promised, here's a link to the save file of my present game (I hope it works…):

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/qq2lokv9b6gitm45td6v8/h?rlkey=g80dap3yzn2spc0krlwdhfvki&dl=0

I looked into it and I would say that it is definitely a bug. The comp hq seems to be cut off from the chain of command for this platoon entirely.

Other units, like any unit of platoon 14, can be taken over as expected. I guess the game somehow broke this in between the battles as the platoon hq died.

1 hour ago, Brille said:

I looked into it and I would say that it is definitely a bug. The comp hq seems to be cut off from the chain of command for this platoon entirely.

Other units, like any unit of platoon 14, can be taken over as expected. I guess the game somehow broke this in between the battles as the platoon hq died.

That's basically what I was thinking. Looks like the C2 link must be established at the beginning of a mission for somebody else to be able to take over…