Tank Tactical Problem Series (German)

On 11/12/2023 at 6:00 PM, Falaise said:

After weeks... months without having posted on this forum and even if I remain an avid reader via my tablet. I finally found time for myself and I even have the luxury of playing up to three scenarios a day.
I replayed and played @George MC entire series on the SDKFZ and tanks.
    What pleasure, what interest, what information
The sdkfz that I didn't know what to do with have become indispensable to me, even if as a passionate CM Normandie player, they rarely have the opportunity to show their full potential.
Lesson 3 spw is simply orgasmic,  the example of assault with the spw in film that you showed, I have done it several times!!!
TTp n3 The attack against pak is a must
On the other hand, I had to replay the TTP n2 attack against the city several times, without listening to George's advice, I suffered a lot (I couldn't help but imagine him watching me play, shrugging his shoulders eyes towards the sky muttering, they don't listen to these French.)
just a big thank you George

Ah excellent! Appreciate your feedback and appreciation. Its grand to hear these wee training scenarios are appreciated. Aye I think TTP No2 is the hardest one as the fighting ends up being close range, so more of a 'dice throw' as in 'he who spots first fires first' sort of thing.

I have a few French pals so think I'd go more Gallic! Probably more -"Qu'est-ce-que tu fais!" As I once heard a French Guide say repeatedly to his hapless client as they grovelled their way up a sport climb at Orpierre. He 'said' it a few times, getting louder each time, but the poor chap at the other end didnae grasp the meaning! :)

Thank you again for your kind feedback!

• 1 month later...

Finished mission 2

Assault into the town center turned into a very confusing close quarter battle

Spoiler

The Panzers just one step away from a deadly trap. Fortunately the trap is detected by advancing panzergrenadiers

5fHPosH.jpg

and 

when both sides are watching at wrong direction

xQUuqRu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 10:54 PM, Chibot Mk IX said:

Finished mission 2

Assault into the town center turned into a very confusing close quarter battle

Spoiler

Sorry for tardy reply - been busy few weeks. 

Aye nicely done - I’m proud of that part of the battle ;)

Yeah the later part of this action does become very CQB. Will be a contrast to mission 3 for sure. 

thx for sharing the AAR much appreciated thank you  

Tìoraidh!

Roger that.

I opened the mission 3 yesterday. Yes, it is very open, I am thinking to advance in a column formation to the right then make a 90 degree turn change into the line formation, just like the good old Frederick era.  I will need a lot of smokes to ensure the safety of this maneuver.

• 2 months later...

Victory!

spoiler

lost 3 Pz IV. 1 suffered unrecoverable damage from T-34/85 (burning + ammo cook off). 2 from ZIS-3.  Several other got damaged.

lSIh60T.jpeg

First five min I sent a PzG platoon to clear and secure the buildings on the German right wing . Then Deployed a smoke screen there. I left one Pz IV on the left wing, use it to support a recon team there (and also function as a radio station), Pz Bn leader station behind, sit with PzG Company commander to share spotting information together. 

The rest of the Pz Co cross the wood, move to the right wing then turn 90 degree left. Wait for smoke dissipate. And, Panzer March!

hh

jnajlXK.jpeg

Edited by Chibot Mk IX