Humble request

I'm hopefully not making a faux pas by being new to the forum and making a request, but I was wondering if there were plans to add the combat engineering vehicles?  M728 CEV and Centurian Mk 5 AVRE with the BAOR expansion. I'm not sure for the Soviets. Personally I would love to try them out in MOUT, although leveling a building with one shot might be a bit overpowered. But will always be fun. They are both rather vulnerable to AT fire so getting close to town could be tricky.

Centurion-AVRE-02-BA-58-1024x686.jpg

m728_cev_l3.jpg

Edited by strac_sap
added tags

Yes, the ability to breach an obstacle belt would be very useful.  It is possible with a flail tank in CMBN and CMFI.  But no breaching equipment in the modern titles.  Mines and the breaching of mine belts also feature in current events out of Ukraine.   

rjzOAJbh.jpg

Just a simple mine plow tank or roller tank in Combat Mission Cold War would allow for more acurate recreations of many training missions at the NTC. 

UwVEO8Zh.jpg

On 6/29/2023 at 1:05 AM, chuckdyke said:

In FB they have the 150 mm Sturmpanzer Assault Gun. It takes usually 2 hits to make a building collapse.

I've never seen the 165 mm actually fire, so I can't verify in that regard, but given that both of these use a HESH/HEP plastic explosive round it seems they prioritize breaching. The round is so huge its going to make a mess, but I suspect it will take a number of rounds to take out a building. TNT was for blowing stuff apart, C4 (plastic explosives) was for cutting things.

On 6/29/2023 at 7:34 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

Yes, the ability to breach an obstacle belt would be very useful.  It is possible with a flail tank in CMBN and CMFI.  But no breaching equipment in the modern titles.  Mines and the breaching of mine belts also feature in current events out of Ukraine.   

rjzOAJbh.jpg

Just a simple mine plow tank or roller tank in Combat Mission Cold War would allow for more acurate recreations of many training missions at the NTC. 

UwVEO8Zh.jpg

This would be a great addition. I noticed they didn't add this to the later titles with the engineering Strykers, so wasn't sure that was a thing they planned to do in CMCW.

Edited by strac_sap