First PBEM someone?

PEB14

Hello,

I'm looking for an opponent for my first PBEM game. I'm 5-months old (CM-wise!), so either another newbie, or a more experienced player looking for an easy victory…

CMBN preferred as I found out several scenarios specially designed, and reputedly well balanced, for H2H:

• VB1 Point 213
  • VB2 Tilly’s Junction
  • Under the Eyes of the White Manor
  • Haut Vents

All these missions are available on FGM repository.

Foreseen rate of play: 1 turn per day.

Anyone interested?

PEB

PS: same message posted at FewGoodMen forum.

8 hours ago, Vacillator said:

I have a few PBEMs already going and some testing to do (I hang my head in shame), but if no-one else comes forward I'll oblige my friend.

Let's see if you get anyone else first, let me know?

Thank you, Dear Friend from Albion. As Kohlenklau threw down the glove, I've no choice left but to fight him…

I promise you'll be the next one to crush me!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 11:08 PM, Vacillator said:

Keep us posted (or just me by PM).  Good luck to you both.

Here we go… Already 30 minutes or so into the game, that's one third of total time… Kohl plays the bad guys (the Germans, obviously) and I'm the good ones (the US).

May the tide be turning?

The beginning of the game was more along these lines:

captur23.png

Interestingly, it looks more and more like this lately:

captur24.png

captur22.png

The latter pic, taken in the village's chapel, is the result of several turns of savage fightings (Stalingrad in Normandy). But as you can see the last defenders disobeyed the Führerbefehl and didn't fight to the end. Maybe Kohlenklau is to blame, the guys probably didn't like very much getting pounded by their own mortars... 😏

On 6/9/2023 at 10:36 PM, Vacillator said:

I think you'll find it's Born Again and the Germans are just clapping.  When the service finishes...

Tony I need your help… The service is finished but Oberst Kohl forgot to inform the Germans… They might have cramps very soon, poor guys…

captur26.png

9 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

So is your butt getting the proverbial kicking?

I don't think so YET --- but he IS making steady progress. I suppose I soon shall see the G.I. boot headed towards my buttocks.

I have been dancing the mortars around for 30 minutes. I have had a few successes here and there but also some catastrophes. My AT gun nailed one of his tanks very early. It took forever to be knocked out. Like maybe 10 rounds of AP as well as the giant 150mm round. I then tried to relocate it.

A Shreck nailed another tank. Another Shreck crew just couldn't get their act together and missed high like 4 rounds.

My center held out for a long while but just crumbled.

I am not sure how many soldiers he has left. 

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

In that picture they seem to be looking out over the graveyard.  It's enough to keep their hands in the air 😆.

I'm Tim but you can call me Tony 😉.

🥵

Don't ask me why I called you Tony. Sorry.

Anyway, you were as efficient as can be: they decided that the mass was over and got along with their germanic friends towards some nice POW cage.

27 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I don't think so YET --- but he IS making steady progress. I suppose I soon shall see the G.I. boot headed towards my buttocks.

@kohlenklau I'm not sure the "proverbial kicking" that Tony mentioned was directed at your butt, more likely at mine! 😇

Thanks for the progresses anyway.

I have been dancing the mortars around for 30 minutes. I have had a few successes here and there but also some catastrophes. My AT gun nailed one of his tanks very early. It took forever to be knocked out. Like maybe 10 rounds of AP as well as the giant 150mm round. I then tried to relocate it.

A Shreck nailed another tank. Another Shreck crew just couldn't get their act together and missed high like 4 rounds.

My center held out for a long while but just crumbled.

That's a fair resume but it seems you slipped over some details. Like your AT gun's fate: I also have some mortars. 😊

captur30.png

I was hearing the shots, seeing the explosions all around, but it took me forever to locate the firing schreck! Have you ever seen a Stuart running backwards THAT fast?

34 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I am not sure how many soldiers he has left. 

Something like "not enough" for me, and "too much" for you ? 🤪

To be completely fair: I was taught a lesson of artillery defensive fire for 30 minutes. It rained lead all over the place. Horrible. Then I fell in almost all possible traps (the mines, the ambushes, those damn f*** LOS in the wheatfields, some suicidal advances of mine…). But that's fine, I'm here to learn.

I also had some lucky successes: the first sMG I met was knocked out nearly before I even knew it was there…

To be honest, Phil taught me what to do, mostly… but also what to avoid! 😏 He mentioned his disastrous right flank counterattack (I won't disclose the German losses on that occasion, thay may hurt some sensible souls around…):

captur28.png

He even tried to disguise the Tiger II tank that supported his powerful thrust as an inoffensive Blitz truck. But he forgot to remove the manufacturer's brand!

Phil, usually you're better in blending! 😆

captur27.png

@kohlenklau Whatever the final result, it's a great game. Thanks a lot for playing it with me!

Edited by PEB14

10 minutes ago, PEB14 said:

Whatever the final result, it's a great game. Thanks a lot for playing it with me!

You are very welcome. It is my pleasure Pierre. 

The Bier truck was to confuse your soldiers. It had a lovely bell sound too and the driver had a blonde wig. Brandenbergers?

11 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I'm called Tim, but you can call me Tony 😂.  Deja vu indeed...

🤬

There's a guy around that I sometimes work with who's called Thomas. I call him Thierry for almost ten years. Don't ask me why. I can't help.

Just to warn you that I might call you "Tony" some more times… 🤣

Sorry, TIM…

Edited by PEB14

2 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

It's not a problem my friend.  Maybe you were thinking of Simicro (who is a Tony).

Yeah, maybe… Tim!

2 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Anyway sounds like you've got Phil 'on the ropes'.

I wouldn't bet my head on this one… He still controls 75% of the VPs, and time is running so fast… At least I'm not out of the game!