Vineyards

When CMFI was first released I discovered to my dismay that any vehicle entering a vineyard would be immobilized. I've since made sure to avoid them. Now with the latest update it appears that vehicles can now rumble through vineyards and not be immobilized.

Was that changed in an update?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I remember the first and only time I actively went for a short cut through a vineyard was in the CMFI Demo. 

There it was already possible to run through multiple lines but very soon my tanks got all tangled up. 

I don't think that was changed but I would have to test that. 

So you usually don't get immobilized at the first, second or third line of the vineyard (though you might suffer track damage) but after that it should go down very quick. 

How many lines/tiles of vineyard  have you passed? 

On 6/7/2023 at 10:28 AM, Vacillator said:

Just a reflection on Charles' favourite drink - wine 😉.

After losing many vehicles in early PBEM games learning the hard way the vehicles and vineyards don't mix I needed to hit the vino and something harder.

Regarding the other comment of how many lines/tiles of vineyards passed it wasn't much. It was a result of the vehicle AI or not enough path setting. Once I saw that the vehicle did cross over vineyards tiles I made sure to path them to avoid. Nothing worse than losing precious vehicles to vineyards.