CMBN v4.04 and v4.03 are compatibles?

Can I play with someone else if they both have different versions of the game? That is, if one has version 4.04 and the other person has version 4.03. It's that I'm trying to load a file that my partner has sent me (v4.04) and my game (4.03) doesn't seem to recognize it because it doesn't even appear when loading it in the menu.

14 minutes ago, JP48 said:

Just curious, why would someone not upgrade to the latest version?

Exact I don't understand also !

Having the last ver is to have all include, exemple a new vehicle or a repairing bugs...

Edited by JM Stuff

I have 2 versions in my Pc. The v3 and the v4. I have afraid to install the 4.04 because maybe this can cause problems with version 3.0 and I want to have the 2 versions to play with a friend that don´t updated the game. 

I am also playing several games that I am playing with version 4.03 and I would have liked to play with a new partner who has version 4.04 installed. I have to stop to play these games to upgraded the game to the last version.

On 3/17/2023 at 9:40 PM, Patxi_PDL said:

I have 2 versions in my Pc. The v3 and the v4.

Good for you playing old time version.

I have afraid to install the 4.04 because maybe this can cause problems with version 3.0 and I want to have the 2 versions to play with a friend that don´t updated the game. 

Installing the 4.04 patch will not impact v3 - unless you mistakenly install over top of it. If you do that it will no longer work because the patch is only for v4 installs.

I am also playing several games that I am playing with version 4.03 and I would have liked to play with a new partner who has version 4.04 installed. I have to stop to play these games to upgraded the game to the last version.

Nice I run several versions too. Usually not more than 2 but its not a limit. You can copy your 4.03 directory and rename the copy CMBN404 (or something else you like). Then install the patch on that newly created game install. Voila you have will have a v3, v4.03 and v4.04 install all working happily.