Using the terrain as cover

1 hour ago, ViperAssassin26 said:

So I noticed Durring the first scenario in the training campaign, I chose to line a squad along the hill to fire at enemies in the open. But they seem to want to stick their entire body over the burm. Has there been a patch released to fix that?

it´s how the game works and when dealing with 1m size terrain (mesh) resolution. Ground mesh is 8x8m nodes per action spot and single soldiers can only stop and position themselves on these 1m nodes. Unless BFC goes lower ground mesh resolution (half a meter or 1 foot maybe) in next game engine (V5 something), there won´t be a patch for that.

Among what you can try to do solving these situations is:

1. do slow (crawl) move into such an action spot (AS) and before the pixeltroopers reach the crest, hit "P" key repeatedly so they do an indefinite stop/pause in situ.

2. Don´t move into that last AS at all and remain one AS in front of it. This might give terrain cover for when soldiers are lying prone (hide command, H key), but can spot and shoot at enemies once some come into sight by standing up to kneel or standing stance.

There´s some more methods, but these are the ones that I´ve in memory ATM

On 2/17/2023 at 7:45 PM, RockinHarry said:

it´s how the game works and when dealing with 1m size terrain (mesh) resolution. Ground mesh is 8x8m nodes per action spot and single soldiers can only stop and position themselves on these 1m nodes. Unless BFC goes lower ground mesh resolution (half a meter or 1 foot maybe) in next game engine (V5 something), there won´t be a patch for that.

It's mostly an effect of the 8m square system rather than the 1m subsquare system - soldiers don't understand how to place themselves in a "hull down" position inside that square. They only find cover such as walls, shellholes, and trees.

3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

It's mostly an effect of the 8m square system rather than the 1m subsquare system - soldiers don't understand how to place themselves in a "hull down" position inside that square. They only find cover such as walls, shellholes, and trees.

yep, that I´d meant to say. For learning on the 8x8m node system I recommend toying around with my gridded grass mod and then test play a couple terrain types on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3q66fac1no7uytz/ground grass.bmp?dl=0

Edited by RockinHarry