Screenshots

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hit Print Scrn, then hit Esc. Open an image editor (or keep one open like I do), select paste to new image, then maximize CM again and keep right on playing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, you could get a Mac and Command+Shift+3 all day long.

I tried, really I tried... but I just couldn't resist. smile.gif

Related matter: I'm running P-shop 4 on a PC. While in the game I hit alt-PrntScn; alt-tab to P-shop, hit PASTE, and violin! a bootiful screenshot. I fiddle with it, save it, and go back to CM. Hit alt-PrntScn again, back to P-shop, PASTE, and WTF!! the FIRST screen shot gets pasted.

After fiddling and cursing I come upon a menu command called "purge clipboard." Ah-HA, says I. I click the "purge clipboard," and go back to CM, hit alt-PrntScn, back to P-shop, and now I cannot give the PASTE command, either with the keyboard or as a menu command (the PASTE command is greyed out)

I have to close P-shop and restart it to get the PASTE command back.

What's the solution? (and DO NOT say MAC) Is there another way to get screenshot A out of the clipboard and saved somewhere, and then get screenshot B into the clipboard?

Thanks!!

DjB

Guest Madmatt

Umm quick question... Why are you using alt-printscreen? I just use the printscreen key (no alt) and dont have this problem with Photoshop OR Paint Shop Pro 6(my prefered paint program BTW....)

Madmatt out...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-19-2000).]

Now, SEE, this is exactly what I dislike about being a computer user who knows just enough about computers to have people ask questions that I can't answer because it seems like I can. I must have whacked every combo of buttons involving PrintScreen, and it NEVER occurred to me to just hit #$!@$%ing PRINTSCREEN by itself.

Damnation.

DjB

MadMatt: you're cool.gif after all (was there any real doubt?)!!! Paint Shop Pro 6 is the CM of PC graphics apps, IMHO.

I could go through a Matt-sized belt of exclamation points about Jasc (started with PSP5). Still ain't no Mac, but then I can communicate with 97% of the world <ducks>. I'd actually like an Apple but I just can't do the earring-and-ponytail thing. biggrin.gif

I tried my first CM mods with interesting, but ludicrous, results in PSP recently. You have been warned.

Now, how the heck are you supposed to post a graphic if you don't have a site to link to? You mean I have to start my own web page just to send in a little JPEG?

Hey there, Im having trouble posting some of my screenshots on my page. I dont know if its just a bad connection that i'm having or something else. I saved it and uploaded it but am still having trouble posting it.

------------------

Come see my CM page!!

www.hometown.aol.com/lucky8202/index.html

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" --Gen. George S. Patton--

Guest teutonic

never mind figured it out

------------------

Teutonic

------------------

[This message has been edited by teutonic (edited 01-20-2000).]

Colin: (I don't like where this is going) In the business world, we use PCs. We write, develop, calculate, design, and draw on PCs.

At some point all this needs to be prettied up and printed. Then we enter the Other Side of graphics, layout, and printers. Even though we have created the product and documentation in PC, and we are the cash-paying customer, we hit the Wall.

All the "creatives" and printers use Macs (this is like pulling your car into the gas station and finding out they only sell diesel). Mac must have a great thing going in the graphics-layout department and I can't dispute that. However, even the files they send us for approval can't be opened, unless they are hateful .pdf's.

The graphic/artiste mentality seems to prefer the counter-culture look of earrings-and-pony-tail. This helps them to show us that they despise the cash-paying customers and will never compromise their designs for ugly dollars, unless we're in a hurry, in which case we must pay extra.

The only other place you will find Macs is in the school system, so that kids who know more about computers than we do will have to relearn everything in order to function in the real world, which buys us older folks some time. Once they learn, we must pay extra. smile.gif

Does anyone know of any freeware or shareware software capable of saving game images as movie files and then allowing one to edit and play back these images?

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Alt+Prnt Scrn copies the currently active window to the clip board.

Prnt Scrn on it's own copies the entire screen to the clip board.

As CM is 'full screen' when it's running you won't notice the difference.

Fen

Desktop Support Person

PS a good trick to stress someone out is to do a Print Screen of their desktop and then set it as their wall paper. Then move or delete all their icons....They'll be clicking but nothing will happen...hehe

Yes, TGN has a licence to this somewhere which I've asked for so I can use it to make some movies from the beta.

I presume from your email that there's an "evaluation version" I could use while they locate the licence key etc right?

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers