feature request: playability without audio device

Would it be possible that all CM games would be playable also if your computer has no audio device?
Currently if you try to start a game this way, the game crashes. At least in Windows OS.

Hearing game sounds is of course much better, but in some cases it would be nice if playing was possible without sounds.
Many other software does not crash when audio is not available.

I'm surprised there is a PC out there otherwise able to play CM that does not have an audio device of some kind.  That is as strange a setup as I can imagine.  No speakers I can understand but I was not aware a PC was made in the last 20+ years without audio output.  

Edited by Dynaman216

On 2/5/2023 at 12:46 AM, Dynaman216 said:

I'm surprised there is a PC out there otherwise able to play CM that does not have an audio device of some kind.  That is as strange a setup as I can imagine.  No speakers I can understand but I was not aware a PC was made in the last 20+ years without audio output.  

There are external audio interfaces that might be in use in another computer.
When this is happening you might still want to play CM in the computer where this better audio is not connected.
And onboard audio is disabled from BIOS.

Edited by SlowMotion