Company HQ (and beyond)

Drivers can also be pretty versatile. They can act as medic, acquire assets of the vehicle they drive. They can also sit in a command vehicle to give other intel to their formation. The driver of the command vehicle can sit in another vehicle outside their former C2.

23 hours ago, dkchapuis said:

But that isnt "acting as the Lower HQ"?  It is just the squads communicating with the Company HQ directly. 

That communication is not what I was talking about. What I mean is a Company HQ can take direct command of a squad that is near it, provided it is from its formation. That means the squad will act as if it is on command for morale purposes if it gets into a fire fight. It can really matter for how well your squad handles incoming fire. This works even if the platoon HQ is still active but too far away.

23 hours ago, dkchapuis said:

For example, The B Company HQ could communicate with squads from A Company, irregardless of whether that A Company Platoon HQ is still functioning.

I am not sure if info can come from an company A squad and be given directly to the company B HQ. Could be. @MOS:96B2P probably covers it in his thread. I know that tank TCs can inform out of formation HQ units about stuff they see and visa versa so it would make sense.