New of the day

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2022 at 5:06 PM, JM Stuff said:

Tank tracks, see my Corner !

JM

is that still that geometry things? 🤔 Usually games do things like that with an additional texture layer added dynamically during play time. IIRC GT Mius and their tank sims does that sort of thing. Think BFC could use this technique as well, but do not for whatever reason (performance concerns maybe).

On 11/18/2022 at 3:05 PM, RockinHarry said:

Usually games do things like that with an additional texture layer added dynamically during play time. IIRC GT Mius and their tank sims does that sort of thing.

Mius also has tanks and other vehicles dynamically deform the ground as they drive across it. On flat ground, it's not so noticeable, and you mostly see the track texture being laid on. But it's noticeable when driving through snow piles and on the edges of foxholes and trenches.

24 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Mius also has tanks and other vehicles dynamically deform the ground as they drive across it. On flat ground, it's not so noticeable, and you mostly see the track texture being laid on. But it's noticeable when driving through snow piles and on the edges of foxholes and trenches.

yeah great game. Got to play it more indeed. 😎 Its only fault it lacks WEGO while CM fault it offers useless RT. 😛

Edited by RockinHarry

On 11/18/2022 at 3:05 PM, RockinHarry said:

is that still that geometry things? 🤔 Usually games do things like that with an additional texture layer added dynamically during play time. IIRC GT Mius and their tank sims does that sort of thing. Think BFC could use this technique as well, but do not for whatever reason (performance concerns maybe).

@RockinHarry it was only a test with a track that I cut, to have only the part on the ground to have some relief, but not too much, and convert it in a famous FO perhaps we can do something about this YOU with your Genius perhaps you will find a way, but lilke I said it was only a test I dont have the knowledges required but if we can find something we can use of every tiles from the ground also crossing street... and dont ask me what effect in the snow..., is  just to put some on a battlefield to have an effect of track and vehicles print this will of course not following the vehicles but this would let some traces, this will be great ...

JM

3 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

@RockinHarry it was only a test with a track that I cut, to have only the part on the ground to have some relief, but not too much, and convert it in a famous FO perhaps we can do something about this YOU with your Genius perhaps you will find a way, but lilke I said it was only a test I dont have the knowledges required but if we can find something we can use of every tiles from the ground also crossing street... and dont ask me what effect in the snow..., is  just to put some on a battlefield to have an effect of track and vehicles print this will of course not following the vehicles but this would let some traces, this will be great ...

JM

Well I got to admit I think it´s not worth the efforts unfortunately. No way to achieve the GT Mius effect i.e

You can most likely do "fixed" track markers on roads by adding these to actual road textures. But for adding something dynamic, BFC got to change the game engine so something like that could be supported at all. Cheers 🍻