member-jr member

as everything is Triangular in the normal military sense, i propose a a 3rd level of membership as well!

see jr member is like a recruit or "FNG"...cherry the list is endless.

but MEMBER is teeming with respect, and filled with awe i am, when i see some contributors with 6 or 7 HUNDRED posts!!

since i've only "hit the beach" in december, i deserve the "jr" label, no question....but ohhhh couldn't we have a Non-com level? smile.gif

yes creative minds begin grasping at flimsy straws when time is available.....

HEY! how about a whole ranking system? naw, you just be flooded with dribble....unless it was seriouis dribble....but who would judge?

10 messages=pfc

25 = corporal

50 = sarge ( smile.gif)

75 = 2nd Lt

100 = 1st Lt

250 = Capt

500 Major

SOMEONE STOP ME!!!!!! aauughh

The ranking would be ok as long as the quality of posts does not fall off. Case in point…

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Hmmm General Manieri...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like a cluster f _ _ k waiting to happen.

------------------

Always Check Your Six!

LOL..

Nah, Manieri would have to be around a LONG time more to beat my total wink.gif

Click umm profile and see what I mean wink.gif

It can go.. Fionn, God, Manieri wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Been thinking about this, and given the result of the "which side do you like to play survey," I feel the ranking should go more like this:

Mann

Schütz

Rottenführer

Unterscharführer

Scharführer

Oberscharführer

Untersturmführer

Sturmführer

Obersturmführer

Hauptsturmführer

etc.

Guest R Cunningham

Hold on folks. There has to be some measure of quality to these ranking systems. We don't want to reward raw quantity. Without that we would have to promote Manieri "below the zone" because he has demonstrated truly outstanding potential in posting with quantity, vigor and sheer speed. Representatives of the old school, ala Feldmarschall Fionn might quickly find themselves displaced.

So I propose the establishment of the CM Board Merit Badge Committee to meet and award the coveted titles above. But first we'd have to establish a commission to appoint memebers of the committee so that titles can be conferred before the start of the fourth Quarter. We don't want to postpone this into next fiscal year!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It can go.. Fionn, God, Manieri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well THAT certainly explains some things! biggrin.gif

Guest R Cunningham

The Club SSI forum for CC4 has implemented somehting like this already. I just noticed earlier. The administrator is a General.

Meaningless ?? Oh, no. I've been working all this time to get this recognition, and now it's MEANINGLESS. ?? !!

Ok, I'm calming down. I was waiting for an appropriate thread for making my passage into manhood. This looks like it. So, come: celebrate with me. I am no longer a "Junior Member," but a real, honest-to-god, meaningless "Member."

redface.gifsmile.gif

biggrin.giftongue.gifrolleyes.gifconfused.gif

eek.gifwink.giftongue.gifcool.gif

mad.giffrown.gif

[This message has been edited by TOBRUK (edited 01-14-2000).]

OOOOppppps. OK, now I'm a member smile.gif

I also just screwed up. See what happens when you get old? smile.gifsmile.gif

[This message has been edited by TOBRUK (edited 01-14-2000).]