Modifying Stock maps - slight problem

Hello all

I am having an issue when i attempt to  change a quick battle map from assault/attack into a meet engage. When i start the game the AI units do not move from the setup zone or at least a small portion of their forces do but the rest stay put.

Obviously i am doing something wrong here does anybody have any tips to help me out with this thanks?

Specifically i am playing CMBS - qb map River of tears.

Thank you

I had thought that in Qb's  purchased units did not need orders and just advanced to occupy objectives. In any case i experimented by creating an AI plan, i disabled all other plans and went with plan 1 plus support targets but again they just sit there doing nothing. I was wondering if it was because i attempted to change the stock map from an assault to a meet/engage.

2 hours ago, Jkirsen said:

I was wondering if it was because i attempted to change the stock map from an assault to a meet/engage.

That change shouldn't affect the movement of the AI-troops.

The only reason to why the AI-troops don't move must be either that the AI-troops have the order to start moving a bit later or that you have forgotten to disable some of the AI-plans which are without movement and action orders.

It isn't enough to remove the orders in an AI-plan, you also have to make sure that the AI-plans are disabled so they won't get loaded in the quick battle.

There is the option for an AI-plan to be used often, to be used sometimes and to not be used at all. So you should pick the choice which makes sure that the AI-plans you don't want to use are disabled and not used at all.

Just to be sure does there need to be at least one AI plan active in a qb for the battle to work? I have no problems constructing scenarios and so forth but i assumed with a qb you just purchase the units and so long as there were objectives on the map the AI would automatically move to occupy those zones.

2 hours ago, Glubokii Boy said:

They need orders to move...

But when i set up a quick battle and purchase units for the other side how do i give them orders to move? I can only move the units that i control. I thought the whole point of a quick battle was so that you got into the action immediately without having to construct a scenario.

Sorry for being unclear here....what i ment to say was that they need... AI-ORDERS. As programmed by the guy who designed the map.

So normally...Yes...All you need to do to play a QB battle is to pick the forces and the AI should move and fight as programmed by the designer...No need for you to give orders to the AI. 

If you however designs a QB map you need to make sure that the AI side indeed have orders (programed into the map by the designer)...If those are not included the AI units will not move. 

It seems something got mixed up when you changed the setting for the map. An assult and a meeting  engagment are two very different things. maybe the QB maps cant be changed in this way without screwing the AI programing up.

Edited by Glubokii Boy

If you simply changed the type of battle from attack to meeting engagement using the drop down menu in the editor, then once you launch the quick battle, the AI will follow the attack AI plans that were originally included in the qb when it was first designed. That's not enough for it to work the way you want.

That's why the AI forces stay put, they are following the original plans where they were defending.

So for it to work you need to either change the AI plans or pick hotseat and play both sides yourself.

56 minutes ago, Zveroboy1 said:

If you simply changed the type of battle from attack to meeting engagement using the drop down menu in the editor, then once you launch the quick battle, the AI will follow the attack AI plans that were originally included in the qb when it was first designed. That's not enough for it to work the way you want.

That's why the AI forces stay put, they are following the original plans where they were defending.

So for it to work you need to either change the AI plans or pick hotseat and play both sides yourself.

Thank you.

Yes after much tinkering i discovered that the AI was using the pre-set plans for the original assault/attack/probe scenarios, which is why it did not play out as i had expected when i changed the scenario to meet/engage. All is good now and thank you all for the help.