CM:Black Sea - Artillery Observer in Limbo

Early in the battle I used an Air Controller Team to call artillery fire from a 152mm howitzer and all looked well until my opponent called artillery into the area the observer is in. As you can see in one of the photos the observer has taken a casualty but on the surface the fire mission still appears to be set. However, when you open the artillery panel you'll see the 152mm is not selectable and has both DENIED and RECEIVING shown. So, I'm not sure what the status is and I can't cancel the fire order. Can someone explain this and more importantly what can I do to not loose the 152mm battery?

Thanks

20220403_143226543_iOS.jpg

20220403_143251141_iOS.jpg

Unfortunately it is the guy with 'observer' in writing in the middle of the top display that is the essential man in the team. Lose him and you lose ability to call/alter an existing mission. 

In terms off what happens, if there was not a 'fire for efgfect' the artillery will become available after a certain time period. 

If fire for effect was already called, I am not sure, but probably the artillery will shoot the full fire mission. 

Losing an observer is very painful, sorry! 

4 hours ago, Bannon said:

the best thing for me to do it to get this guy killed so I can recover the artillery.

It will not help if the other guy is also killed.  As Alex said above: "...the artillery will become available after a certain time period. If fire for effect was already called, I am not sure, but probably the artillery will shoot the full fire mission."

Erwin,

I am pretty sure that 152mm unit never advanced to fire for effect and in fact I'm not sure it ever fired spotting rounds. So, I believe I've learned:

• Don't bother killing the living spotting team member as a way of freeing up the 152mm unit
  • The 152mm unit may become available later during the battle

This is a PITA since that barrage was a precursor to my attack, but I guess this is some of the unpredictability of war. Thanks for you and AlexUK for your help.