Anyone have this on Mac?

I've been tempted to pickup this title up but I'm a bit concerned it may not run reliably on Mac OS...

Specifically, I'm running Catalina on a stock 2019 iMac Pro (I'm locked in to Catalina due to other software). Currently Shock Force 2 causes a total system freeze requiring a hard reboot (hope they figure that out).

Was wondering what the experience has been like for any of the Mac Warmers out there as far as Black Sea.

Thanks!

I have all the Combat Mission games in my MacBookPro and they all run very well. Upon initial installation they are slower to load but MacOS seems to be processing something in the background and after a few cycles of using the game and leaving, it is pretty instantaneous now.

A friend of mine has a 2018 iMac and all games and they work fine there too. 

If you have problems with CMSF2 I recommend you contact tech support. It may be necessary to relicense the game. Often slow loading or crashes are related to an issue resolved by relicensing. This is something I know from personal experience as well as from problems examined by other testers.

13 hours ago, absolutmauser said:

I have an ancient Mid-2013 MacBook Pro and all the CM 4.0 engine games on it. They run fine. Sometimes I have to dial down the settings a bit because I don't have a dedicated graphics card in it, but I've played all the games on it!  

2014 MacBook Pro here too but I am on Big Sur (last OS I can run on this hardware). 

@IronwulfAlpha You know you can run pretty much any arbitrary OS in a VM? Make a Catalina VM for your locked in software and upgrade your OS (or vice versa). 

I've got a Windows 7 VM to run some software that's only available for M$. Setting it up was pretty easy. 

H

Edited by Halmbarte