Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/1fz1fqw/nighttime_footage_of_fpv_pilots_using_their/

Night-time footage of FPV pilots using their interceptor drones to take out Russian reconnaissance UAVs over Ukraine.

They got a shipment of infra red cameras for the interceptor drones obviously. I am really curious how many of these the Russians are losing, the number is not zero.

37 minutes ago, OldSarge said:

I saw that mentioned in CNN's review of Woodward's book. I'll leave the Trump-Putin bromance for others to lampoon; the jokes write themselves these days. What I did find interesting in the review were a few excerpts of discussions of what was happening in the White House as it began to look like Putin was all in on invading Ukraine. Apparently, Woodward covers a great deal during the war's early days as viewed from the White House.

And this

And finally, this

A link to the article is here: New Woodward book I might just pick this one up if there is more of the background information on the war.

Woodward is someone that you should take with a certain circumspection. He doesn't lie about basic facts but he very certainly leaves out context and frames events in ways that serve whatever story line he wishes to sell. And it's about selling. The Biden/Putin and Austin/Shoigu conversations are great examples where we have no idea really how serious anyone on the Russian side was about nuclear weapons and I will be interested to read at some point what that 50% assessment from the "White House" actually was. Was that Jake Sullivan? The Joint Chiefs? Hunter? We don't really know and I'd be careful to take it entirely at face value given the source.