at 13 thermal sight

ishfar94

Hi, 

So i might be wrong about this but the at 13 for the russians don't seem to have thermal optics? What literature I can find online(granted it's not russian) points to it having a thermal optic (think it was the 1PBN something). I know there's the metys m1 which is the upgraded variant of the metys m but that comes with a beefier missile, don't think that adds anything to the launching post itself. Not sure if I am looking at the right or wrong thing.

5 hours ago, ishfar94 said:

Hi, 

So i might be wrong about this but the at 13 for the russians don't seem to have thermal optics? What literature I can find online(granted it's not russian) points to it having a thermal optic (think it was the 1PBN something). I know there's the metys m1 which is the upgraded variant of the metys m but that comes with a beefier missile, don't think that adds anything to the launching post itself. Not sure if I am looking at the right or wrong thing.

Optionally it can be equipped with 1PN86BVI ("Mulat-115") thermal sight. It can detect "tank" target at 3200 m and identify it from 1600 m. But there is key word "optionally". As I read some Russian forums, there is unknown how much of these sights in service because as if these sights mostly go with AT-13 for export  

• 1 year later...

It does indeed seem like the AT-13 in Black Sea does not have thermal sights.

Which is interesting as the AT-13 in Shock Force that the Syrians use does have thermal sights.

Perhaps @Haiduk is right and in Black Sea's setting the thermal sights were mainly exported instead of used domestically. However, it's still rather strange as the Russians in Black Sea's setting seem to be generally better equipped than in real life, it feels like they should have them, after all, the Russians in Black Sea adopted other high tech gear like APS it would be weird if their AT-13's had inferior sights compared to the Syrians from Shock Force.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 2:42 AM, Traitor said:

Which is interesting as the AT-13 in Shock Force that the Syrians use does have thermal sights.

Are you sure about this ?

I would need to test this again but I was always under the impression that the AT13, while having night fighting capability, isnt equipped with thermals in CMSF2.

This would be the selling point for the AT14, which have it. Besides better performance overall.

17 hours ago, Brille said:

Are you sure about this ?

I would need to test this again but I was always under the impression that the AT13, while having night fighting capability, isnt equipped with thermals in CMSF2.

This would be the selling point for the AT14, which have it. Besides better performance overall.

That's very interesting, because according to the manual, it states that, and I quote " The AT-13 has increased maximum range, thermal sights, better accuracy, and a significantly more lethal tandem HEAT warhead, while retaining light weight and mobility." (Emphasis mine)

However, after running some tests with a BMP-1 in Shock Force 2, which I'm pretty sure has non-thermal blocking smoke, the AT-13 lost the spot and was not able to reacquire it through the smoke. 

So you seem to be correct, the AT-13 doesn't seem to have proper thermals in CMSF2, and the manual is wrong. I've just been taking the manual's word for it that the Shock force 2 version of the AT-13 has thermals, as Black Sea manual's entry on the AT-13 has no mention of thermals and testing does appear to confirm that it lacks thermals in Black Sea. Therefore, CMSF2's manual is wrong and the listing should more closely resemble the one in Black Sea with no mention of thermals.

Unless it's a bug and it's supposed to be thermal sights but it's just not working properly of course.

Thanks for pointing this out!