Canadian Black Watch sniper veterans tell their stories

This isn't just a bunch of old soldiers telling their stories. It is also a docudrama, history, the accounts of those they freed, an opportunity to see the places where they fought, right down to the time worn buildings. Selection and training are described, and I found it astounding how little there was, with the situation even worse with replacements, some of whom didn't know how to shoot at all. Am dumbfounded that infantry, even if in support formations originally, could be sent to the field not knowing how to shoot rifles! Fieldcraft training appears to have been extremely limited. It would take special scenarios to do this, but various types of missions could me created in several relevant CMx2 games, missions that mirrored the real ones. Overall, I found this to be both grog gold and so deeply moving I nearly cried. It's incredible that so many men from a tiny unit in a single battalion all survived the war, though most were hit, some quite badly.

Regards,

John Kettler

dan/california,

Had no idea we were to that stage already. That said, back in 2010, it was my honor and privilege to help a pair of B-17 pilots aboard a restored B-17G and help them up to the cockpit. Mere mortal visiting the plane were not allowed on the flight deck. Also, the inside of the side door panel was covered with the names and units of aircrews who served in WW II and after that to the present. Was told that when the panel lining was full, they removed that one and put on a clean lining.

geist,

Welcome aboard!

As for the video, you're most welcome.

Regards,

John Kettler