CMBF-PBEM problem, file not read

My opponent's 88th file (.cma, 130 mo - large scenario - Nasty Surprise H2H) sent by drop box is not read by the game, it does'nt appear in the list of files (it exists in the correct folder but not in the save list once the game is launched). The File was remade then sent by We Transfer but it is still not recognized by the game.  I have no problem with the 150mb files in PBEM on CMBN sent with Drobox.

Can your opponent open the file that they''re sending ? It will obviously prompt for your password, but see if it gets that far or not (they will need to manually move it to their 'Incoming Email' folder). If they can't open it, then it has been generated as a corrupt file (though there may be other issues with possible corruption beyond the initial load). If that is the case, then they will need to regenerate the file again (re-issuing orders or whatever is happening).

I suggest that your PBEM opponent zip/compress the file and then send it to you via DropBox. You will of course have to uncompress that file and move into the appropriate game folder. Hopefully that will work.

Thank you for your reply.

My opponent could not open the file (turn 88) on his PC because it did’nt appear in the save list. He sent me the zip file but the problem remained the same. The file was sent by Wetransfer for the same result. Finally I redid the turn 86 to have a new turn 87. He sent me back his turn 88 and this time I could play it and do the turn 89. So the problem is solved. The file was probably corrupted on turn 87. My opponent did not give any order to make the new file 88. I modified an order on turn 86: an armored vehicle was retreating on the path of another armored vehicle which was retreating at the same time without hindering itself.

• 2 weeks later...

2 turns later same problem: my opponent's file is unreadable. We had to give up this exciting part. I believe I know the cause of the file corruption: before starting the game I modified the map and added a lot of items and debris to make the map look even nicer.

9 minutes ago, laurent 22 said:

2 turns later same problem: my opponent's file is unreadable. We had to give up this exciting part. I believe I know the cause of the file corruption: before starting the game I modified the map and added a lot of items and debris to make the map look even nicer.

I had a similar issue recently in CMBN and it seemed, the only solution is to replay the last working file and hope for a good next file.

Worked for us. For the moment at least. Fingers crossed…

• 3 months later...