is anyone not joining ladder?

Guest Germanboy

Well I signed up with the ladder, but I will see how the games work out, and if it has the negative effect on gameplay that some have alluded to I will just stop participating. It is supposed to be fun after all.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Sabot, you will never have a dearth of PBEM games, even I have to beat you in every one of the scenarios provided. I know, I know, bold words since you are presently doing more damage to me than I to you, but hey, at least that stupid 150mm gun is dead. Woo Hoo!

Jonathan

Oh, and to stay on topic, I do not really anticipate joining the ladder because I do not think I will be able to arrange enough games to provide a reasonable ranking. Is not that really the only reason to have a ladder, presuming you have another means to find opponents?

[This message has been edited by Freyland (edited 06-10-2000).]

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I'm gonna join, just to be a little conformist bastard, but I probably wont post the majority of the games I play on the ladder. I just play for the fun of the individual competition, and I dont feel that I could claw my way to the top of the ladder, even if I tried my damdest. I will soon be posting my first game results to the ladder. I am playing Fionn at CE, see what I mean????? wink.gif

Guest TURBO

Probbably won't join becuase of working out of town most of the time. Also don't really care about making it up the ladder.

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Mjmck, the ladder is located at the CMHQ Annex. To get there, read any of Madmatt's posts and click on the link at the end.

I'm on the ladder for grins only ... and to make my opponents look good. LOL.

I play all my games the same way, ladder game or not. So, JWorthing and anyone else who has concerns about ladder play, I'll gladly play you — any scenario, any side, any time.

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 06-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freyland:

Well, Sabot send me a turn so that I may admire them!

Jonathan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, send me one too! If you capture my sIG you may use it in your game against Freyland wink.gif

BTW, i joined the ladder today in a desperate attempt to find some more opponents.

Will someone please explain to a simple mind like me how this will affect someones gameplay ( the ladder thing i mean..) confused.gif

I'll probably join the ladder.

I won't really care if my opponent wants to put the game on the ladder or not, though.

If my opponent insists, I'll do it. But otherwise I think I'll only feel comfortable putting up games with people I have already played against or know wll enough from this board.

Like my game I will have against Berli. I've never played him before but I have no problem putting my slaughter up on the ladder.

Jason

------------------

Betas available to everyone are just publicity stunts anyways. -FK

Schug:

I don't know all the ins and outs of "ladder play," (as I noted I'm on it but just for fun) but there have been posts to the effect that less-than-honorable/scrupulous players might walk away from a game or use gamey tactics so that they don't slip a spot or two on the ladder ranking.

Others with more experience at this sort of thing probably can give you chapter and verse on what to watch for.

Guachi (see previous post) has a good approach. I also think that both players should know going into a game — i.e. before the setup — if it's a ladder game.

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 06-10-2000).]

Guest Rob/1

I will most likly not be joing the ladder of cores anything is posable.

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 06-10-2000).]