Trench Facing?

Working on building my first scenario and I'm a bit stuck on something. I want to face a trench with the long side facing E/W. When I place it using the Deploy Units, the long sides are facing N/S. How do I adjust the facing/angle of trenches? I tried using the 3D Preview but of course, no units show up there, and I can't find anything in the manual or on this forum (searching "trench facing"). Many thanks :) .

One trench will only line up in one direction (I think always N-S). You need at least two to change orientation. IIRC, if you use a second one to get the proper orientation, but then remove it, the single one will revert to the original orientation as soon as you hit the Big Red Button.

On 4/15/2021 at 2:32 PM, mjkerner said:

One trench will only line up in one direction (I think always N-S). You need at least two to change orientation. IIRC, if you use a second one to get the proper orientation, but then remove it, the single one will revert to the original orientation as soon as you hit the Big Red Button.

My apologies for not seeing this sooner @mjkerner . I do have a great memory, but I keep forgetting to turn it on, so sometimes I miss things I wrote earlier (like before 5 minutes ago 🙄). Thanks for this, that does help. The ones I've been placing have gone E/W, but I did try snapping another one to the existing ones and it did change direction alright, but I've not been able to nail anything down that allows me to reliably control the facing. I'll work at it a bit more but this does seem a fairly complex task, unlike most other things in the editor. Many thanks for this, and again my apologies for not seeing this sooner.

Glenn

Yeah, the facing is only done by effing around with them. I find it a lot of fun, actually, to see the various configurations you can make. One quick tip, in case you haven’t stumbled on it is, once you get your configuration set, if you hold Shift down, and click on each trench so they are all lit, you can move the whole thing wherever you want using Move command.

As for memory issues....wait, what was I talking about?