Wrong Resolution

bogbiy

Perhaps you can try editing the display preferences and put in the correct resolution? 

Not sure how to check the graphics card, perhaps in Nvidia control panel, manage 3d settings? And or in a profile you can set for the game, which is also possible through 'manage 3d settings'.  

12 hours ago, bogbiy said:

I've tried deleting the display preferences file but for some reason it won't let me. I'm not the best with tech but just like playing games so how could I check if I'm using my graphics card for the game?

Assuming you on a Windows machine and Nvidia graphics card, you can right click on your desktop and select Nvidia Control panel then select a suitable display there (under 'Display' then 'change resolution'. You can also create a custom profile for your CM EXE file to run with.

This thread takes you through the process.

I've created the same thing as shown in the thread in 3d Settings, tweaking around there. I went into task manager while the game ran and checked if the nvidia gpu was going and it was so I'm going to assume that it is using my nvidia gpu. I've tried changing it through display size.txt in the games files, forcing it to go to 1920 x 1080 but that didn't work either. The only thing I thinks I could try that was mentioned was creating a suitable display in the change resolution tab, how could I do that? 

Perhaps it just the textfile mentioned by GeorgeMc? If it's there, and if that holds the strange resolution, the game will play at that resolution. If you can't delete it try to edit it or login with administrator. 

C:\Users\YOUR PC\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Shock Force 2\display size.txt

12 hours ago, bogbiy said:

I've created the same thing as shown in the thread in 3d Settings, tweaking around there. I went into task manager while the game ran and checked if the nvidia gpu was going and it was so I'm going to assume that it is using my nvidia gpu. I've tried changing it through display size.txt in the games files, forcing it to go to 1920 x 1080 but that didn't work either. The only thing I thinks I could try that was mentioned was creating a suitable display in the change resolution tab, how could I do that? 

I'd double check the display size txt file as suggested above by Lethaface first as it does like this could be the issue.

No harm in also checking the following:

In your Nvidia Control Panel under 'adjust image settings with preview' have you changed that to 'use the advanced 3d image settings'?

Once done that go to 'manage 3 D settings'? Check that for 'openGL rendering CPU' does it show your Nvidia card, and is that the default?

In your game under 'options' does it give you different display resolutions options? Have you selected desktop or another resolution option?

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I am experiencing the same issues. I have tried everything that you have suggested in this post.

In the nvidia control panel, I forced the gtx 1660 ti of my laptop to be the one used for the game. I adjusted the display size.txt to 1920 1080 60.

Nevertheless the resolution feels very wrong. Everything is pixelated.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Many thanks

Marco