Where is The Newbe Training Area?

Opponet needed to fight newbe (ME) send files to thepow@home.com w/ brief message.

Hazah to BTS for thier marvelous creation unvieled. I am a fresh junkie with a taste for blood after playing valley of terror. I was only middlin pleased with the first demo, BUT NOW IM HOOKED!!!!! Give me More! I have played hotseat and now im ready to spill my microchips on the email battlefield. I NEED AN OPPONET!! I am fairly new and would likely be easy bait for anyone with real experience but im always willing to try. Please send file and brief message to thepow@home.com

Any mortar unit within C&C of a valid HQ unit is able to use the HQ as 'their eyes'. This means, if the HQ that your mortars are under - in VOT this is the Company HQ - have LOS to an enemy unit or area, all you have to do is use the mortars normally, and they will target the area despite being out of LOS.

For a better description head on over to CMHQ Annex, where there is a good description of the exact procedure.

You can also use the Target Reference Point for indirect fire with your mortars as long as you don't have them move from the position you originally place them in. Just have them target it and watch the rounds fall smile.gif

------------------

krm - King of useless posts;)

Cover, I hear you're taking on Berli.

uh, you just found the newbie training area. LOL!

------------------

I'm drinkin' wine, I'm eatin' cheese and catching some rays, you know. — Oddball

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 05-22-2000).]

"Cover, I hear you're taking on Berli.

uh, you just found the newbie training area. LOL!" posted by moriarty

Send me a file the mori.. I need training...

------------------

-------------------------

What's a Few Bullets Between friends?-

"Can the 105 arty take out the pillboxes?"

Actually yes, though I would guess the odds are pretty low. I had a direct hit in my first VOT game that took out the 75mm. Admitedly I had two batteries fireing at the thing for about three turns. Oh yea, and there was a Panther and a platoon of inf on the hill too <g>.

--Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Strider:

'bout time FRC made a decent showing smile.gif Me and Darwin, are the only FRC who have been 'liveing' here smile.gif Where's everyone else???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm here ... remember? huh? lol

MK

Guest Babra

I must be just lucky with my 105s. Not only can I consistenly take it out, it usually burns too. Seen that happen twice. I think maybe the pillbox is undervalued as a defensive fixture against artillery.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Actually yes, though I would guess the odds are pretty low<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must have been lucky then biggrin.gif On my first blind game of VoT, took out the 75 bunker on the very first turn of shelling. On the same game, also took out the panther with 105mm, and on the very first turn too. A damn good spotter, isn't he ? wink.gif

Hey Guys

Actually, I have been somewhat disappointed with how easy it has been to take out those pill boxes with artillery-- I have never had to wait more than 2-3 rounds of fire. But, as Steve (BTS) said in an earlier post, what would we do if we didn't have so much of the stuff? I am kinda reading into his post, but I think they padded the American artillery for that scenario.

Just a thought.

Jonathan

The 150mm inf gun: My New Favorite Toy

I have yet to take out a cement pillbox with arty, I've spent 3 turns straight dropping 105 with excellent LOS to target and nothing... it seems like a waste of good ammo considering all the other methods avaliable to destroy the bunkers.

As in actual combat..it's often just the luck of the draw. I've seen concrete bunkers knocked out by direct hits...had the crew abandon an intact bunker because they freaked out under heavy shelling....and had bunkers survive extended shellings that I certainly would never want to undergo. I haven't seen bunker survivability to shelling lean any one way in particular.

Ghost