Bug with HMG carrier?

I used an HMG carrier to transport a company heavy machine gun detachment, and when they dismounted they appear to have taken the HMG carriers Vickers along with them. Leaving this poor chap a little non-plussed. 

asd.jpg

Edited by Arjuna.R

45 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Can one remount and get the MG back on the carrier?  How can one make the MG stay on the carrier?  Or will the Carrier lose its MG permanently if a leg MG unit mounts and then dismounts?

The MG comes back. You lose it again when the MG team dismounts. Seems like the carrier permanently loses it's weapon insofar as "R2V Casili Road" is concerned (my test case). The MG does not come back when another unit embarks... once it's lost - it's gone.

So, the MG was on the carrier with no passengers originally.  A MG team embarked, and when it disembarked it took the carrier's MG as well as its own.  Is that what happened? 

Does the leg MG unit now have two MG's or only one, (ie: the carrier MG is lost unless one remounts the same leg MG unit)?  

I don't know if this is a similar but opposite phenomenon, but in CMBS, there is a US Humvee with a mounted AGL.  When you dismount the crew they take the AGL with them.  But, if you mount an inf team onto the Humvee, the AGL reappears on the Humvee.  The Humvee can be now driven and the AGL is usable by the inf team.  Wasn't sure if the vehicle is supposed to carry a vehicular AGL as well as a dismountable AGL or if that was also a bug.

The .50cals, TOWs, and GLs mounted on humvees in CMSF2 have always been portable. As soon as you bailout - you're stuck with them even after you run out of ammo for them. I assumed it was the same in CMBS and never noticed what you're reporting. I'll keep an eye out for it the next time I play CMBS. Until then I'd say that was a bug and you should report it.

As for CMFI, load up the 'R2V Casili Road'  scenario and give it a go. The MG team will only show one weapon while the carrier shows none. Embarking the MG team will again provide an MG to that carrier until the team dismounts. Other units dismounting will not remove the MG on the carrier.

20 hours ago, Erwin said:

...this is a similar but opposite phenomenon, but in CMBS, there is a US Humvee with a mounted AGL.  When you dismount the crew they take the AGL with them.  But, if you mount an inf team onto the Humvee, the AGL reappears on the Humvee.  The Humvee can be now driven and the AGL is usable by the inf team.  Wasn't sure if the vehicle is supposed to carry a vehicular AGL as well as a dismountable AGL or if that was also a bug.

If you want to check it out, this happened in the "AD Night Drop" scenario.  (The AGL Humvees arrive as reinforcements.)  "AD Night Drop" is a very good/entertaining scenario so worth playing in any case.