Modding Questions

Hi, brand new into the whole combat mission experience. Just recently picked up both Normandy and shock force 2. Having a blast. Two quick questions:

1. Is there a way to manually set force points. I know you can set the size to small, medium, huge, etc, but can you specifically say how many points?

2. Is there a way to create custom formations (such as in armoured brigade) and save them? For example if I wanted to create a tank company with Stuart's and Sherman's and infantry together, is that possible?

Thanks I appreciate it.

21 minutes ago, StephenKicker said:

1. Is there a way to manually set force points. I know you can set the size to small, medium, huge, etc, but can you specifically say how many points?

2. Is there a way to create custom formations (such as in armoured brigade) and save them? For example if I wanted to create a tank company with Stuart's and Sherman's and infantry together, is that possible?

I don't know of a way to set points.  However, in the scenario editor, you can pick the force you want and points don't matter as they would in a Quick Battle.

To save a custom formation when building TOE open the QB map or scenario in the scenario editor, drop in your force from the core file (import feature). (If QB add the force you want to fight against and drop it into the OpFor setup zone.)  Set up your force how you want. Then save the file in your scenarios folder (I'd recommend renaming it too, to avoid accidents).  When you start the new scenario the AI should set up your opponents randomly and take over from there.  I created a Core Units Files sub-folder in all my CM Game Files folders.

To create a core unit:

1) Open up the scenario editor.

2) Select desired units.

3) Save in Scenarios

4) Name the scenario file. Example - Core US 1944 Armored Inf. Company.

To import core units into a scenario:

1) Open up the scenario in the scenario editor.

2) Go to units and delete the units you are replacing with your core force.

3) While still in Units click on Import Campaign Units.

4) The scenarios file will open.

5) Select the desired core force.

6) Click Deploy Units and place the core force in the setup zone.

7) Save with a different name to preserve the original scenario.

Edited by MOS:96B2P

This is the time to consider learning how to build your own scenarios.  Creating maps to play in is great fun, adding the troops you want is easy (no points restrictions). There's a bit of a learning curve on creating AI movement orders, though. The good news is once you've figured it out then the next project, and the project after that become very much easier

If you build a static AI defends' scenario against a human attacker the AI orders can be almost nothing. I've got my fanny kicked by static AI defenders in my own scenarios before. ^_^

7 hours ago, MikeyD said:

If you build a static AI defends' scenario against a human attacker the AI orders can be almost nothing. I've got my fanny kicked by static AI defenders in my own scenarios before.

Ain't that the truth.....My Mujahideen just got roundly beaten by a Tribal force that I set up myself!  :rolleyes:

And that's in CM:A, without fancy triggers & stuff like that. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead