On replenishing assets from trucks

I'm ashamed to admit prior to this incident (Trying to reload 120mm mortars in Korsun 2017) the only experience I had reloading was when I discovered there were more SAMs in a BMP next to my empty Russian stinger teams. I moved the teams into the BMP and then out and they grabbed the ammo. I was happy and thought I had this figured out. Until this morning. 3 teams of 120mm mortars. All empty. 3 trucks from their team/platoon with ammo right next to them (no ammo bearer/assistant teams just the mortars). I move all three mortar teams into trucks. One team says 30 rounds (better than the 22 they started with) inside the truck and these rounds remain in its inventory when they leave. Good. The other two mortar teams say 60 rounds while they're in the truck but empty when I take them out. I have tried various combinations of trucks it doesn't seem to matter. There is additional ammo in the trucks. Why will one team reload and the other two won't?

Thank you, Shawn.

Edited by Attilaforfun

There are 2 ways to share ammo in CM2 games as far as I'm aware of.

Have two units from the same platoon. Team or vehicle A has a lot of X ammo, team B is just about to run out of X ammo. If they are close, team B will automatically take a small amount of X ammunition from team or vehicle A.

Have two units in whatever formation. Vehicle A and team B. Move team B inside vehicle A (if it's a cache,  a "dismounted" vehicle that is, move it close) and use the Acquire command to select what you want to take and in what quantity.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:41 AM, Attilaforfun said:

<Snip>   3 teams of 120mm mortars. All empty. 3 trucks from their team/platoon with ammo right next to them (no ammo bearer/assistant teams just the mortars). I move all three mortar teams into trucks. One team says 30 rounds (better than the 22 they started with) inside the truck and these rounds remain in its inventory when they leave. Good. The other two mortar teams say 60 rounds while they're in the truck but empty when I take them out. I have tried various combinations of trucks it doesn't seem to matter. There is additional ammo in the trucks. Why will one team reload and the other two won't?

If a team, from the same platoon as the truck, enters the truck and then uses the Acquire  command a list of acquirable items will display.  Click on the items you want.  

Trucks from the same platoon as the teams will also share ammo with the teams when they are within ammo sharing distance (2 action spots / 16 meters).  So if a truck (from the same platoon) with mortar ammo is parked 10 meters from the mortar team the team will have access to the mortar ammo (the mortar ammo will show on their inventory) with out getting in the truck and using the Acquire command.  They just can't move off more than 16 meters away from the trucks.

I'm guessing you may be seeing a combination of these two types of behavior (sharing & Acquiring) and it is causing some confusion.  You think a team has taken possession (Acquired) the ammo when in fact they are just sharing it.  Then they move off more than 16 meters and it disappears from their inventory.  When they use the Acquire command the ammo will stay with the team.  Or maybe I misunderstood completely........  But I gave it a shot. :D    

Also of interest:  Only ammo a team has the ability (room) to carry will show as a choice when Acquire is clicked on.

Scenario was Lights, Camera action not Korsun. I replayed setting up the trucks next to the mortars. The mortars fired all avail ammo (I had barrage set on max)...including ammo in the trucks. Interesting, they automatically pulled it while firing. I expected them to fire their ammo, stop and reload. That isn't what happened.

52 minutes ago, Attilaforfun said:

I replayed setting up the trucks next to the mortars. The mortars fired all avail ammo (I had barrage set on max)...including ammo in the trucks. Interesting, they automatically pulled it while firing. 

What you described seeing above is an example of ammo sharing described below. 

On 10/27/2019 at 9:53 AM, MOS:96B2P said:

Trucks from the same platoon as the teams will also share ammo with the teams when they are within ammo sharing distance (2 action spots / 16 meters).  So if a truck (from the same platoon) with mortar ammo is parked 10 meters from the mortar team the team will have access to the mortar ammo (the mortar ammo will show on their inventory) with out getting in the truck and using the Acquire command.