Mods and game details

As i continue to play through the game i cant help but notice it seems like everyone has mods that drastically enhance the game now i have some mods but i cant seem to come close to how some of the peoples games on youtube. Any must have mods or immersion mods for sf2 out there that im missing?

• 2 weeks later...

In general...

Kieme's HD terrain & building mods are popular.

Some sort of Special effects package is usually advised (I released the beta 3 version of my package recently).

Most people like a sound mod... the most popular probably being HQS.

I would also advise you look into getting reshade as that can certainly enhance your visuals.

My advice would be to start with Reshade and whatever sound FX (a VERY deep rabbit hole) that float your boat. Sounds are such a personal taste thing you could spend many an hour testing all the various files.  Reshade, however, is a game changer. Use it as a base for everything else and you won't need that many other mods because it does so much out of the gate. It's without a doubt one of the best additions to CM modding since SF 1 was released. I highly recommend it. Here's the primer I put together that covers how to install.

Once you get a Reshade look you really enjoy, you can branch out and add specific mods as you see fit. But I'd definitely add some special effects stuff, especially fire and smoke. Vein's effects are a good starting point or you can jump in and try out 37mm's package as he mentioned above.

Have fun!

Mord.

Anything by Kieme really, especially the buildings he made.

Either Vein's or Kieme's sky and mountains

Mord US AFV chatter mod

Mord Allah's army sound mod

HQS for sounds

MikeyD's pickups and T55's and T62's

A special effect mod for explosions, tracers etc, either Vein's or the one 37mm made.

Rambler's night vision mode is fun too for night battles.

Vein's markers

Scipio's silhouettes for SF1

the squalor mod

For the brits :

Camo netting by MikeyD

Mord and George MC's cuss mod