and now for something completely different

I've been playing my brother and a few friends in CMBO quick battles for years, and something a wee bit different happened in the latest one.

My brother set up a town battle, and thinking that i'd be doing a lot of building fighting I ordered up some brit paratroopers who looked to have pretty good close in firepower (no, this isn't an invitation to head off on the inevitable best type of unit discussion, although I won't be surprised if that happens anyway).

We exchange initial set up turns, everything going according to plan, until I get the first minute of movement orders, open up the turn only to discover that 2 of my platoons have taken it upon themselves to morph into American infantry units.

Now this is a brit force, except for an arty spotter that's American. And I've mixed and matched up American and Brit forces in quick battles in the past no problem.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else out there has ever had units just up and change into something else during a PBEM battle? Because it strikes me as pretty damn strange. Not to mention a wee bit annoying since I was trying to avoid plain old American infantry for a reason specific to the nature of the battle.

Hello

I am reading but have never heard of this happening before, don't want to sound patronising but are you sure you picked the right men you intended to? I only ask as I have, in the past, thought I had swapped from one nationality to another and then not and so ended up with the wrong soldiers.

Cheers

T

yeah, that would occur i suppose to anyone reading the description as a possibility

but no, that's not what happened

the time between the placement turn and first move turn was same day (if there had been a lag of several days or i had multiple battles que'd up in PBEM Helper, sure, it could of gone down that way)

but there was no change between purchase and placement - it was between placement, and first turn movement

easytarget,

I don't get over here very often, but that is a truly remarkable glitch, one that I've never heard of before. Considering that I date back to before CMBO was released, that's saying something. I searched this board and the Archives using the search phrase "wrong units in QBs" and got absolutely nothing usable. I suggest you contact BFC directly, preferably including screenshots, if you have them.

Regards,

John Kettler

the brits were para's, and while it's true you get more with an american infantry platoon, i didn't think they were as well suited for the bldg fighting we'll be doing a lot of - but no matter, i'll use them at longer ranges and hold the other para's in reserve till things get in close

as for the arty, the 81mm spotter for the american's comes with 200 rounds - nothing on the brit side goes that high - admittedly this isn't the sort of arty that does a lot of damage, but i wanted to send a couple minutes worth into a certain area i thought was the most obvious approach and still have some left in case i was wrong

btw, kettler, i thought about letting BFC know, but figured it didn't much matter because BO isn't supported now anyway - so intead i figured i'd just ping those that still play and see if anyone recalls ever having this happen

anyways, i know i'm still playing cmbo - it's the only thing i play on the blitzkrieg ladder...