Panzertruppen

Mord

How are your buildings coming along? I am dying in anticipation, can't wait to have the full set loaded up. Can you give me an approximation of when they may be released.

Thanks in advance.

Mord

[This message has been edited by Mord (edited 12-01-2000).]

Thanks for the interest gentlemen.

I am happy to announce that both the "city" buildings and the full winter version are now 100% complete. I have broken them down into two files - a summer zip and a winter zip. The summer contains all rural buildings, the two story buildings, the city buildings, the church and a stone wall. The winter version contains the full set as well. I sure hope everyone enjoys them.

What program did you use to make these buildings?

All the building textures were created with Paint Shop Pro 5. I use the same methods that designers use to create textures for 1st person shooters such as Quake and Half-Life. I would create a brick texture, a concrete texture, wood, etc. Then I would past them together as needed, add detail, and then weather the whole building. After that the battle damage was added, and then shadow effects. Very time consuming, but I think it was worth it.

Can you give an approximation of when they may be released?

I'm not trying to tease you, but the buildings are not quite ready to download yet. There will be an announcement on the forum when they are. I don't know the exact time, but it will be very soon.

What's next after the buildings are complete? Vehicles? Terrain?

Not quite sure. I'll probably take a break for a few days. There are about 45 textures in each set. As each was originally created at 1024x768, that a whole lot of textures to airbrush! To be honest, I glad it's finished. I may go after the pillbox and perhaps some of the lesser vehicles. Let me think about it.

Thanks for all the kind remarks gentlemen. I doubt I would have made this whole conversion for just myself.

Here is another sneak preview:

preview1.gif</p>

preview.gif</p>

preview2.gif</p>

Don Panzertruppen Maddox

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

WOW. What can I say? I think I've got a contander here for a Gold Web award....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Guest Madmatt

I have a preview of some of the detail in these new mods up on CMHQ tonight and later on I will be posting the full set!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing