I'm not to sure about this Line of sight thing, I have played VOT as americans a couple of times and once that panther shows up strange things begin to happen, I have seen it sit behind a bunch of trees and pick off my Shermans one by one, I tried to sneak around and flank him and he moved to intercept and could not have seen me, but the last time was the clincher, he took one out through a hill, I had not crested the hill by at least 4 to 5 meters and BOOM hull penetration and I'm dead, just a little bit suspicious. anyone else experience this?

What is your unit scale set to? If you have it enlarged it can appear that strange things happen but it is an illusion. On the other hand, if you have it set to realistic and those things are happening then it does sound odd...at least firing through a hill. Spotting is a hard one to call.

------------------

"If they are waiting for me to make the first move then I'll trick them and make my second move first."

Danno: It's the default scale so I am at a loss to explain the situation, It's almost as if the Panther is omnipotent, when this thing shows up all bets are off, I know that the Panther was a powerful weapon, but through a few tons of dirt, weeellll I'm not so sure it's on the up and up, not to say that there is any cheating in the code, but smoke and mirrors couldn't do any better.

Are you sure you weren't taken out by a schreck?. Thought i had had a similar incident to yours but on replay and closer inspection one of those pesky little blighters had crept round my flank and blew my cooker.

Tyro,

I think the default is sized up one or two notches...(help out if I'm wrong on this someone) try putting the scale to realistic. That's what I play at and I've never seen anything fire through a hill etc...units are hard to see from high up views though.

------------------

"If they are waiting for me to make the first move then I'll trick them and make my second move first."

The Panther is not invincible, the first time I played this game as Germans the amis had one tank remaining when the panther turned up (76) I moved the panther to a nice hulldown position then on the next turn I fired one shot and missed the sherman then the sherman fired one shot got a front turret hit, penetration = one barbequed panther. This of course was followed by much screaming and abuse from me. wink.gif

------------------

IN VINO VERITAS

[This message has been edited by Speedy (edited 05-30-2000).]