Package on my Doorstep

So, I pull into my driveway last night and see a nice little package sitting on my doorstep. A little early for CM, but I preordered more than a year ago, so msybe mine got shipped in the first batch. Besides those BTS guys have never failed to surprise so me.

'Cool beans", I think, and calmly walk to the door (I don't want my neighbors seeing me dance around like a ten-year-old on Christmas).

Well, needless to say, it wasn't CM, it was the new phone book. I haven't been so disappointed since they took 'Star Trek' off the air (the original series, that is)...

Rex

So since when does a phone book look anything like a little cardboard box or padded envelope.

Besides, since when does the Postal Service leave stuff on the doorstep? In my neck of the woods, they usually put mail in the MAILBOX!!

------------------

I'm just a little ol' realist. Don't mind me.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-15-2000).]

Actually the phone book is BTS's secret packaging for shipping the game in that they would never reveal to us. There is a "secret" carved out pocket in the middle of the phonebook where your precious CD and 180 page manual rest. They figured that was the best way to camoflauge your game so that your neighbors wouldn't see it and steal it. Plus the wife wouldn't see it and confiscate it before you got home this way too wink.gif

You didn't throw the phone book away in a blind rage now, did you?

Mikester out.

Maximus,

Well, I live in a mansion, no, a castle, and my doorstep is about 100 feet from my driveway, so it's difficult to distinguish the subtle differences between a phonebook and a padded envelop. And I have all my mail (including the phonebook) delivered to my doorstep in specially designed packages, for security reasons. And I always get the phonebook earlier than everyone else, because I invented the yellow pages. Now if you'll excuse me, my wife, uhh, Morgan Fairchild, yeah, that's it. My wife, Morgan Fairchild, and I have to catch the Concord, which I own, by the way, over to London for Dinner with the Queen.

Rex

I had a worse one:

I got home from work and there was a package about 6"x8", thick yellow packing envelope with priority mail tape wrapped around it. I got excited-- "They lied to us-they shipped it early!" I saw the return address was in Florida, and decided it couldn't be CM, but still couldn't figure out who it could be from. I looked at it to make sure it wasn't from the next unabomber, and opened one end, looking inside. I saw a medium thickish book, and as I pulled it out I saw the word "Beyond" at the top. "It is it!" forgetting all about florida-- it must say "Beyond Overlord". To my chagrin it said "Beyond Our National Parks" and was a slightly late birthday present from a family friend. It was horrible.

I waited in my livingroom, keeping a sharp eye on the patio door window, waiting patiently for the mail truck to race up to my door. I sat this morning with my colt 1911-A1 in a shoulder holster, binoculars around my neck, and my panzer tank commander badge pinned through my shirt (leaves a big hole).

Suddenly the mail lady pulls up. I notice a brown paper wrapped software-sized box coming to my door. So I remove the pin, take off the holster, drop the binoculars and run to the door. Yes,,,,.... It's here! It's here!

I run back to my living room and rip open the package and whalla it's a 700 mhz PIII boxed version processor in a slightly larger box filled with packing. I never thought I would be so disappointed to receive a 700 Mhz processor.

Richard Kalajian

It is Friday, noon. They just took the mail girl away. She showed up without the game.

I came home to find her with just the normal crap, bills, AOL offers, etc....

Now, they will have to send someone else, tomorrow. I will be waiting....

------------------

"The Legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace."

I had a nice little CM scare the other day too. Post truck drove up while I was enjoying a drink on the porch and the mailman jumped down and walked right up to me with a sort of almost could conceivably be CM sized package in his hands.

Turned out to be windshield wipers and some touch-up paint for my car.

At least it was better than a boring old phone book! smile.gif