Fortified houses and basements

arpella72

Sometimes I wonder why not to model fortified houses.I mean,houses that have been fortified from scratch using sandbags,trunks,etc.I think it would improve the defensive possibilities as they would be tougher spots to overcome.In a similar way,why not to model houses with basements underground?,it would be difficult to do so?.Soldiers could get protection from incoming fire.What s more,the basements could be comunicated in some cases so the defenders should be able to go from one house to other.

1 hour ago, arpella72 said:

Sometimes I wonder why not to model fortified houses.I mean,houses that have been fortified from scratch using sandbags,trunks,etc.

Sandbag wall inside a building. :)   Admittedly this was accomplished in the editor while designing a scenario.  A player can't do this during a game.  I agree it would be cool to have fortified buildings.   

AsfpssLh.jpg

The cathedral and Sauron tower are pretty damage resistant, even to heavy FP. (That's why I was sad they couldn't get something of that nature into CMSF2. But anyway.... )

Sink the structures a metre into the surrounding earth and you have additional cover. Prone soldiers in there are nearly immune though I haven't tested that rigorously.