VG article on US Airborne in MG

It's long, highly detailed and has an annotated map, too, plus numerous pics, of which my favorite is of a Bren in action. Be advised there are a couple of typos which may cause confusion. The first regards the composition of SS Division Fruendsberg's PJ Battalion, whose composition is listed as 26 Jagdpanzer IVs and 12 40mm towed antitank guns. Believe this should be 12 PaK40. That one is much easier to sort out than the composition of Panzer Brigade 107's full-strength Panzer Grenadier Battalion, listed as having an unbelievable 116 SPWs, not including those of the Pioneer company. Problems notwithstanding, it's quite the informative read, and I learned a lot from it. Had no idea how dire things got, simply in protecting the US landing zones or the repeatedly acute manpower and supply positions. The article has all sorts of usable items for putting together scenarios, too, with many forces quite amenable to CM  scenario work. Major General Michael Reynolds (Ret.) wrote the article, and the sole reply indicated he erred on some people and the date of a photo,

https://warfarehistorynetwork.com/daily/wwii/the-forgotten-american-airborne-of-operation-market-garden/

MGEN Reynolds was quite the British soldier, but that didn't stop him from making scathing, withering comments about four major British commanders, starting with Montgomery, then descending. He authored a bunch of military books, of which I've read the excellent and gripping Steel Inferno.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/12035846/Major-General-Mike-Reynolds-obituary.html

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

Unless something has changed since last week "A Bridge Too Far" is available on Free Trial or free to Amazon Prime members. A must see war pic, especially for those who've never seen it.

Edited by John Kettler

Thomm,

Forgive me, but I absolutely don't understand the basis of your questioning where I posted this. How is this very meaty article NOT relevant to CMBN MG? This Forum is decks awash with pertinent military history articles, discussion of military books, combat performance, weapon tech, relevant manuals, TO&E, tactics and more. The CM Forums have been this way from at least 2000 when I got here, and the article would seem to me to be of that same ilk and dead on topic regarding MG Airborne Ops. There has been similar material provided for any number of ops in the ETO, MTO and the Eastern Front, down to, for example, extensive discussions of what exactly Lend-Lease did for the Russian war effort and what weapons were shipped, and how much of that actually got through.  Did you read the article? If you did, then I'm even more perplexed than if you were simply responding to the post alone. The Omnibus thread was specifically for things NOT falling under gameplay, the items I listed, and likely a few categories I forgot.

Regards,

John Kettler