biggrin.gif

As we continue to wait anxiously for CM to make its golden appearance, here is some news for you.

One week from today, May 8th, in celebration of VE Day, we launch Steel Panthers, World at War. We are keeping our word. We promised you would have it by May 8th, and so you shall. It looks like there will be 50 scenarios and two campaigns to get the ball rolling.

In addition, we will open SPWAW week, four days of intense coverage of this marvelous new game. Articles, After Action Reports, Interviews, more scenarios, and a ton of of other things. You'll want to tune in each day for all that will be offered and included.

Remember, a week from today, a new era in playing enjoyment with Windows compatible STEEL PANTHERS WORLD AT WAR!

It will certainly give you something to do till CM comes out anyway

wink.gif

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

billw@thegamers.net

http://wbr.thegamers.net

Guest tom w

Well OK......

But think you'll find that WASN'T exactly the

"announcement" most of us were looking for, as I think most us assumed that the MAY 8th SP W@W release was a done deal.

Thanks

-tom w

The only better announcement I could make than this one is that I won the BIG GAME lottery for about $130 million dollars.

The reason I do this is because a lot ... I mean most gaming companies announce release dates and you wait..and you wait...for the next release date.

I feel kind of proud that we are meeting the deadline. biggrin.gif A lot of folks don't. That is a good sign for Matrix. I hope it continues. wink.gif

Matias, only David Heath can answer about the software thing. I do know the game is coming on the CDs in PC Gamer, Computer Gaming Online and Computer Games biggrin.gif. That will be in June or July.

So there will be ways besides downloading I hope that we can get the game to you.

cool.gif

Thanks Panzershark. I appreciate the encouragement. Going to get back to it.

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

The Gamers Net

billw@thegamers.net

As for Windows 2000, Crapgame, I can't say. One person tried it and had no problem. It is not a DOS game. It is a Windows game, at least through 98.

I have heard a rumor that MS is going to try to make some sort of arrangement for gamers that are frustrated by 2000's intransigence toward our favorites.

If I hear more, I'll let you know...WB

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

The Gamers Net

billw@thegamers.net

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wild Bill Wilder:

In addition, we will open SPWAW week, four days of intense coverage of this marvelous new game. Articles, After Action Reports, Interviews, more scenarios, and a ton of of other things. You'll want to tune in each day for all that will be offered and included.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah! It's gonna take me four days to DL this monster ... lol

MK

Guest MrHappy

Ha! about 10 minutes to dl with cable modem biggrin.gif

------------------

MrHappy sez, "C'MON GET HAPPY!"

Man I dunno. Ive been playing SP3 lately, and on "Heartbreak Ridge", which should be a terribly tough battle as USA, I annihilated the commies. Overran them actualy. The casualty ratio was better than 4:1, my favor, whereas it should have been the other way around. Something is wrong with the game mechanics, but I cant put my finger on it. Im sure World at War will suffer the same way. Count me out.

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear no one, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)

OK SS_PL, you weak-brained, limp-wristed, smelly-bottomed, pizza-faced, glue-sniffing, toad-licking, rat-humping, SWINE, I AM NOT MRHAPPY! dammit.

As for slow turnaround on pbem turns, it is a well known FACT, that i am an IDIOT, and therefore cannot be held responsible for anything at all ever. so there.

Peng

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."

eek.gif

SP3 and SPWAW are not the same game, Echo. I think you are wrong to prejudge us that way.

You missed the entire content of the announcement. This is NOT the same as all the other SP versions.

Why do you think we spent nine months and thousands of man hours - a team of 20 qualified gamers and programmers working on it unless we wanted to make it better than what was out there?

But you won't know that for fact until you play it.

And don't judge the quality of the game by the scenario. A poorly done scenario reflects on the game...no doubt about that.

But we have gone to extra effort to see that does not happen.

Want a challenge. Play "Moment of Truth" the battle of Prokhorovka. Take the German side. Tell me if its easy.

Or simply forget us. That is your call. But don't prejudge us on past experience. This is a new game. At least give it a shot.

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

The Gamers Net

billw@thegamers.net http://wbr.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 05-03-2000).]