Monday Night Football

Guest barrold713

I saw them in the pregame show. I am too wrapped up in the pre-election shows to watch the rest of the game although alot of this decision is based on my opinion that Dennis Miller is not listenable. I am listening to the radio broadcast of the game though.

bdh

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

I didn't see it but I can believe it. There are a number of DUKW's being used as amphibious tour vehicles around the country. I really wanted one until I researched them and found out how much one would be even if you restored it yourself. From what I've read they were only designed to last five campaigns so the hulls are very thin and need constant repair. They are also very hard to find parts for. Still, it would be so cool to see the looks on people's faces as you drove it down the boat ramp into the water. Could be the first thing I buy once I win the lottery.

Hey, Monday night football is a good idea for a CM map. Rifle squads as the linemen, AT guns for quarterbacks, mortars to punt... I gotta do this! Just remember you heard it here first.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Hey, Monday night football is a good idea for a CM map. Rifle squads as the linemen, AT guns for quarterbacks, mortars to punt... I gotta do this! Just remember you heard it here first.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I'm setting it up now. The Plomville Tigers vs. the Reisburg Hellcats. 105mm howitzers are the quarterbacks, flamethrowers cheer the players on, and the Germans have a really good field goal kicker- a 75mm infantry gun. Hedges make a great gridiron. This is gonna be sweet.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

This reminds me that next Saturday (11/11 at 12 noon) American Shooter on TNN will have a story on the M2 (and yes, the muzzle was jumping around like crazy in the preview clip). There are a couple of good revolver segments scheduled as well, if you are a wheelgun guy like me.

------------------

We eat like kings, drink like czars, and game like fat drunken king-czars. - CaSCa

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpinard:

What's a DUKW?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A DUKW is an amphibious two and a half ton truck used in WWII in both theatres. The fact that they could be loaded at sea, motor to shore like a boat, and then drive to the supply depot (or front lines) to unload meant that cargo didn't have to be transfered from boat to truck at the beach savind a lot of time and labor. Type DUKW into a search engine and you can find out more than you care to know about them.

They've had them in the Wisconsin Dells (once a horrid tourist trap, now a horrid tourist trap with tons of way-cool indoor water parks) for years. Upper and Lower Dell "Duck" tours are wildly popular with folks in my part of the world.

More recently, the City of Milwaukee (my home town) just had a contractor start using one for a tour about town...until it sank in shallow water. Can you believe they were the tin cups that carried the Boys of Pointe du Hoc?

And, by the by, oooooh yeah PACK...we needed SOME good news smile.gif.

Regards,

Cyrano

------------------

"Watching others make friends, as a dog makes friends. I mark the manner of these canine courtesies and say, 'Thank God, here comes another enemy'" -- Rostand

Darwin-

I sent you #27. I think this #$%#@$ college's email server is down again. Could you start sending them to bowsaw@mactavern.com? I never got #28. I'll use that address from now on for pretty much everything.

------------------