Would anyone actually like this? (Please Read)

Okay I have started making this really unique scenario but I want some feedback on who would actually download it so I don't waste my time. I just got the game.

Okay here is the first one:

FICTIONAL

Date: Midnight,June 2, 1944

Place: Vierderet Airfield, Northern France.

Your briefing: (In a snotty English accent)

Attention soldier! We have a very important mission for you and your men. We have received news that at Verderet Airfield in France a new elite Me-262 squadron made up of Knight's Cross holders will be transferred there. As you know, our invasion will come within a few days and these planes and pilots are better than anything we have. They will surely devastate our beach landings so you must accomplish these objectives tonight with your crack Commando unit.

1. Destroy all 6 88mm Flak guns and all 4 20mm guns.

2. Blow up the fuel and ammo depots so the planes can't run.

3. Kill or capture the German garrison commander, SS General Von Brizee. He is inspecting the troops for the day and staying overnight. Von Brizee is a defensive genius and a known war criminal.

4.Knock out the German communicatons pillbox.

5. Escape to the west side of the field where you will be hidden by French resistance until our ground forces meet you in a few days.

If you accomplish this, these air defenses will be knocked out and will allow our planes to bomb this airfield into oblivion. If they are left standing, the crack crews will annhilate our planes and the men in the comms bunker will vector in the Me-262's. The supply stations must also be destroyed to hinder all repair efforts and to keep the planes on the ground. Killing SS General Von Brizee will make the ground troop's task much easier in the future.

-Intelligence-

Reports indicate that the airfield and surrounding village are being held by Von Brizee's crack SS outfit, somewhere between platoon and company size. Also in the area are Luftwaffe ground crew who should not give you any trouble. The main garrison force is made up of Russian POW's pressed into German service, who should be eager to surrender to your men. You must work fast in this mission, for German reinforcements will be coming in ever faster. A strong SS armored force will be arriving from the road in the East sometime later. You will have French resistance forces arrive on that same road shortly before the Germans do so they can set up an ambush. They are very inexperienced and poorly led but numerous. Do not depend on them to stop the Germans, but merely hold them up. Axis reinforcements will be trickling in from all sides as the battle progresses, thus, time is of the essence. French resistance fighters will be arriving sporadically, as will Commandos that were scattered in the airdrop. Goodnight soldier, and move out! For King and Country!

NOTES:

You are to play as the Allies. You will be given an elite battalion of British commandos. Since this is an airdrop, you will mostly have light weapons and rifle teams, very little support. The German ground crew will be green, the Russian POW's will be conscript, and all SS troops will be veteran, elite, or crack. French troops will be regular, green, or conscript with veteran leaders. The fuel and ammo depots will be the only GREEN wooden bunkers, they should not be too tough. The communications building will be the only CRACK concrete pillbox. Von Brizee will be the SS Battalion Commander. The AA guns are self explanatory. Once you complete all your objectives, you must exit the map on the designated side with at least half of your HQ's intact. The Germans will be much stronger than you in this mission, but it is night and u start out strong. You must work very fast since reinforcements for them will come faster than yours. The map will be Huge so you have a lot of ground to cover. You will have 80 turns.

If you complete all the stated objectives and get out, you win. You do not need to rout the enemy or secure terrain.

Does anyone want me to finish this?

I am also doing two other mission based games to be played as the Germans, which I will do if the above mission generates enough interest.

One will be based on the novel/movie The Eagle Has Landed, where u have a German crack paratroop outfit that must kill Churchill. The other will be a long convoy of Allied supplies moving through a forest road which the Germans must ambush.

I have the Russians just as Germans, but that's the "reason" that I made them horrible troops. If it's possible I could make them Polish, but I dont know if u can do that.

And by the way

You;re going to get a battalion total.

You start off with some, and then scattered troops filter in.

Hey I like it! Sounds like to play Hidden and Dangerous! But, do you really need a battalion to do the job?! biggrin.gif

Sorry I didn't know you had change it to para! Tell us when you finish it please??

[This message has been edited by bighead (edited 07-18-2000).]

I suggest making the fuel and ammo depots and the comm center just regular buildings instead of emplacements, maybe set apart a little ways from other buildings and flagged for capture value. Then put your troops or bunkers around or inside, depending on the kind of building, guarding them. Maybe toss in some flamethrowers on the Allied side which are tasked to torch the buildings, but OTOH, that may be a little 'gamey'. (Can't figure out what's so wrong with that word, after all, we ARE playing a GAME here.) Why? It seems more realistic to me that way. I can't imagine an ammo dump spouting HMG fire, even if it is green. And its too small to be an ammo dump. Other than that minor quibble, it sounds ultra cool. Sounds like a bitch to playbalance though...good luck!!

DeanCo--

[This message has been edited by deanco (edited 07-18-2000).]

Wow! I'd love to play that when my copy arrives. Keep up the good work! Of course, like Dean said, that'll be realhard to playbalance. I'd recommend playing it a few times to make sure it's balanced.

Good luck!

------------------

KMHPaladin

KHarkins@voicenet.com

"We have the enemy surrounded. We are dug in and

have overwhelming numbers. But enemy airpower is

mauling us badly. We will have to withdraw."

-- Japanese infantry commander, SITREP, Burma

I would like to second KMHPaladin there, not only play the heck out of your scenario but more importantly, have your friends or testers do it too!! And listen to what they say! The problem is, you've put so much blood, sweat, and tears into the damm thing that you CAN'T be objective about it anymore. I did a StarCraft mission once, spent 4 days programming carefully scripted events, played it a few times, then gave it to my friends to play. They couldn't even FIND the first objective, much less play the game as I planned it! And you know what, I told them they didn't try hard enough, that they shoulda found it if they weren't so lame. I had spent too much time on it to be objective. Anyway, I finally came to my senses. Boy, those 4 days programming were nothing compared with what followed. So once again, good luck, and if you need a tester, I'm 'game', although I am a pretty poor player...

DeanCo--

DeanCo--

I was thinking about the buildings, but then that means that you could find them at the outset, by just looking at the map. I want some to be hidden.

I could make it smaller than a battalion if you liked, but I am gonna have loads of enemy reinforcements coming in.

If you can blow up bridges, I will include them so all you have to do is destroy them to slow enemy reinforcements. I don't know if you can do that intentionally though.

Hi Von Brizee and all. I just submitted a similar scenario to several sites, where British paras have a life or death mission in Norway. It's really in a 'testing phase' since I don't yet know how it will react to certain specific playing styles. It's called "Norway - All or Nothing" (yeah, I know, boring title... smile.gif).

And it's PBEM-TCP/IP ONLY.

If anyone cares to download it, I'd appreciate any player comments regarding game length, reinforcement arrival, troop composition, and whatnot.