Cool Points

Troops-

Once upon a time, I had to sit for WAY too long in the back of a truck that was stuck in a traffic jam in a minefield while overs from a firefight immediately ahead landed all around. Waiting patiently for CM to be released reminds me very much of that experience wink.gif .

So, to pass the time, I suggest we play a game the guys in my truck thought up back then: Cool Points. In this game, every time somebody flinched from something landing nearby, the others would gleefully announce that he'd lost 1 or more Cool Points.

To fit the present circumstances, I propose modifying the rules as follows:

A. Starting a thread asking for an update on CM progress: -1 Cool Point

B. Starting a thread asking for a CM release date: -5 Cool Points

C. Starting a thread about scavenging weapons and ammo, or the absence of dead bodies: -10 Cool Points

D. Announcing the creation of some cool mod for CM: +10 Cool Points

E. Harassing Madmatt for not updating CMHQ lately: +1 Cool Point

F. Posting a witty slam of Mr. Peng, Elvis, SS_Panzerleader, or von Shrad: +5 Cool Points (note: such posts can only be made by Mr. Peng, Elvis, SS_Panzerleader, and von Shrad)

Maybe a few other rules... anybody got any ideas?

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

What aboot Berli? Slamming or blowing (as in sunshine up his ass. What were you thinking? smile.gif )him has gotta be worth something

gleefully

Jon

(I like this game. ahuh, ahuh...)

------------------

Ubique

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

What aboot Berli?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to recent posts, that's SAINT Berli biggrin.gif Yes Bauhaus you can bow down and kiss my...

*saying through squinted eyes (it helps things look bigger)* I still can't see anything...... Before you become a full-fledged saint, we have to witness a miracle. Hey, maybe that can be me beating you in a scenario. biggrin.gif Had to say that before you.

Guest Madmatt

How many Cool Points do I get for working the word "POO" into a thread title?

How many Cool Points do I get for recounting fond stories of when I was a bouncer and used to smash in faces (like S.S.'s) with no regards to right/wrong?

How many Cool Points do I get for continuing to refer (in a deragatory manner) to Mr. Sychopant?

How many Cool Points do I get for telling someone to BITE ME?

How many Cool Points do I get for posting CMHQ updates?

How many Cool Points do I get for taking a perfectly good flame thread aimed at myself and totally turning it around to make the original poster seem like a wanker?

Just curious is all....

Madmatt

Coolness like me...It outa be taxed...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 02-07-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Before you become a full-fledged saint, we have to witness a miracle. Hey, maybe that can be me beating you in a scenario.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You winning against anyone would be a miracle. I'm sure I could try to throw a game against you, but I'm confident that you would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I think you're going to have to wait for Goanna's wife to provide your miracle... on the other hand, she'll probably turn you into her whipping boy biggrin.gif

uuhh, MadMatt? I don't think the original post wasn't "aimed" at you specifically, rather at all of us. It was meant to be funny, not a flame.

What does self-deprication get me? 2.5 pts? MadMatt's autograph on my forehead? a fortune in glory?

DOH! Goanna sent me a turn from CE. I am going balls to the wall on this one because I am soooo sick of the AI and Elvis loosing all the time. This is the most amazing movie I have seen. really wild Tank duel with a shermie and a stug. Looks like Goanna has thrown caution to the wind too. a real blood - letting for both of us. how the hell do we share this sort of thing? Not that any of the really cool people would be interested in a movie from a lightweight like me.

Peng out

Guest Madmatt

Whooww there Jons! I was trying to be funny too! biggrin.gif I took no offense to anything here! I was actually refering to the infamous sychopant (and the Reagan/Dutch) thread that was started a few weeks ago by a poster with SS as his intials (NOT Panzerleader either wink.gif)...

Sorry if anyone here thought I was pissed as I actaully thought this thread was pretty funny...Hope I didn't ruin it..Please continue and I will start back at ZERO cool points to make amends!

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net