What a cool wife I have, Part Two

Guest MantaRay

Guest MantaRay

Ok, the day I got the game, she didn't seem to be too impressed, and when she got home from work that night she was pissed that I wouldn't get off the computer. She had a bad night, and needed some comfort.

Well being the kind individual I am, I kept playing a certain Red Devil scenario and blew her off. She went to bed mad, and I posted screenshots and played for most of the night.

Well, yesterday, I finally got her to come and have a look-see, and she thought it was cool. I showed her the power of a AFV, and how cool it was to brew up enemy tanks. She was very impressed with the fire and smoke graphics (should I be worried? smile.gif) and about bed time for her, I started in on the "We should play together angle."

Much to my surprise, she said that on friday night, I can "TEACH" her how to play!

Now seeing as you all do not know my wife, she isn't much of a gamer, except for the day she killed one of my Rogue Spear squad mates 2 games in a row (I still kid him about that one), and Baldurs Gate, which she never really got into, but she keeps threatening to play. (She would play more, but it is hard to move 210 pounds out of a computer chair.)

If this works, I will have less trouble with my new addiction (CM) and I will have a built in hotseat player who I will crush like the computer General I should be. biggrin.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest Pillar

My girlfriend and I play together once in a while.

She likes the game and the concept, but she knows very little about warfare and ww2 history. Therefore, I have to be there for questions like "What's a panzar shkeck?"

smile.gif

Way to go - but don't be too certain that she'll be an easy kill! I play a WWII-type strategic level PBEM game called World at War (W@W). My live-in girlfriend, first annoyed at the time I put into it, finally took an interest and watched me plans some of my moves. Recently, she joined a new game of W@W and is beating the crap out of me and half of the other players! I'm glad she's allied to me in that particular game, or I'd be in trouble.

Now she's starting to take an interest in CM eek.gif

Guest MantaRay

Doug, I am going to get her a computer, we also talked about that last night. And if it takes with her, or her little brothers, I will be getting 2 more copies of CM to boot

Pilar, Sara thinks Tigers and Panthers are animals!!! smile.gif I will have a hard time with explanations of panzerfaust as opposed to the schrek. Cool thing though is I can tell her the Sherman is better than the King Tiger, and for a few days I may get away with it hehe. <---Hey, it always feels good to win!!!

Freyland, That is great, maybe we could have them PBEM against each other when they both get the hang of it. I once had a girlfriend beat me in Panzer General in the first scenario...Germans against the Poles ( I had Poles) and she beat me and refused to give me a rematch. I tried to explain how there was no way for the Poles to win, and she just gave me **** for it, and NEVER gave me a rematch. Come to think of it, she was pretty vocal about it too, and my wife is too, but ironicaly, women say we are boastful...hmmmm smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Yeah, I got my wife doing a bit of gaming... double edged weapon though... nothing is more 'life sapping' than coming into the room and finding HER sitting in YOUR chair during prime gaming time! She clicks merrily away, batting her lashes and asking "do you want to do something?"... and of course you feel guilt ridden about all the hours you've avoided her to play games, so you sit there like a lump on the sofa watching an infomercial and reply nonchalantly "oh no...you go right ahead dear... I'm really interested in buying a Thighmaster2000"

Guest MantaRay

LOL, I thought I was the only one who felt this way. It does hurt, and I try to wake up a little earlier, or when we go out, I make a beeline for the computer.

Ray

------------------

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Yeah things can get pretty bad sometimes. When I was living with my Ex some time back I used to have game called Grand Prix 2, Formula 1 simulator. I used to play it a lot and my girlfriend was getting a bit mad that I'm spending more time with the stupid game than with her, you know that talk "you don't love me anymore you...you love that stupid machine!!!" bla bla bla...we moved together shortly after that and I put away the game for a like week just to take it easy for the start. She was asking about GP2 all the time so I let her play for a while. Next thing I know she is racing 4 - 5 hours a day !!!! I go home from work thinking what my girlfriend will cook for me tonight and as I'm approaching my appartment door I'm already hearing car engine noise and a lot of shifting, I'm thinking oh great no food tonight. I didn't even get a kiss or say hello, her eyes glued to the screen, both of her hands on the real joyctick smile.gif She goes: "Sorry I didn't cook today go and get a pizza and go watch TV or something." While she is playing on my chair with my computer arrrrrr!!!! She won't even let me play for few minutes !!! So guys be very carefull...

Peter

[This message has been edited by risc (edited 06-22-2000).]

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

LOL

You guys are really making me laugh here!

Keep up the good work!

smile.gif

Best regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Manta, you've got a good woman there.

One thing you might consider though, in at least some parts of the animal kingdom it is the female that does the hunting and killing.

Just something to think about.

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley

I got my wife her own computer a long time ago.... actually when she wants a computer I give her my old one and buy myself a new one...hehehe.

Actually, I've got the greatest wife in the world.... she really likes CM 'cause she knows it keeps me busy so I don't bug her so she can pursue her craft business and watch soaps she taped, etc.

One friend of mine 2 years ago got a copy of The Curse of Monkey Island and his wife (now ex) got his computer and finished the gamer faster than he did. I don't know if it had anything to do with their breakup.

To all married / coupled CMers: I suggest 2nd computer is a must. Show her how cool it would be to blow up AFV with another AFV, how cool it would be to cut down those "little men" with one single MG. I am pretty sure she will love it (especially the latter part, she can imagine that those "men" all have the face of ya). Also remember to order 2nd copy of CM for your "wife-only" computer. If this is not enough, buy The Sims as some suggests.

To all TCP/IP patch skeptics: you can see why TCP/IP is a must to 1) keep the CM hobby going and 2) get your wife/gf happy at the same time.

Disclamier: I am still single. frown.gif

Griffin @ work - place

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Actually, that begs the question... for the purposes of a non-business environment (Namely games), if you wish to play on two computers, one for you, one for the wife, in the same household of the same family, is one required to purchase two copies of the game for license purposes?

NTM

I was a bachelor until I was 36 (am 40 now) and when I wasn't traveling and doing outdoors stuff, I was playing games for hours. Since getting married, my wonderful wife and I have reached an understanding. I have my own office full of books and computer games, and I play every night from the time our little boy goes to bed until 9 or 10. Then it's our time together. It works out because by 9 or 10, I am too tired to play anymore. That is alot less game time than before, but the joys of being a husband and a father is better.

[This message has been edited by Steve Clark (edited 06-23-2000).]

Yea, convincing my girlfriend to play CM wasn't that hard. Pretty pictures, **** blowing up. I'm really proud of myself that I got her to promise to play Empires In Arms (16 hour napoleonic board game) smile.gif

(It does help that she designs computer games. "Yea honey... I'm doing reaserch...")

--Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

LOL... 24/7 ?

Moriarty !

Listen we may be married.. But she still doesn't laugh that hard when she sees me naked wink.gif

maybe.... 23:55/7 hehe.

Lorak

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh, roger that, Lorak. Over and Out.

In all truth, I was referring to keeping it going PBEM 24/7 ... but your point is very well taken. There are some things even CM can't replace.

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 06-23-2000).]