PBEM games length

Hi Jackson

For me? From say, one week to maybe two months or more (yes, it happens...), depending on the number of turns and the file-return speed of your PBEM partner.

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juju:

Hi Jackson

For me? From say, one week to maybe two months or more (yes, it happens...), depending on the number of turns and the file-return speed of your PBEM partner.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. Usually about two weeks for an average game. The guys I am playing are good at getting at least one turn done per day though.

------------------

Navare

"I am determined to prove a villian..."

Because u get plently of time to stress and worry about whats going to happen on the next turn. Example: I was on a building site recently and thinking about an important turn where my brit paras were being assualted by jerry paras. It was tense and could have gone either way. Suddenly I walked into a piece of reinforcing steel sticking out of the concrete footings at a funny angle. It ripped a rather large gash in my leg and the blood started flowing. What was my 1st thought???? I wish my paras could see this, thier leader has just taken 1 for the team... now fight u barstards FIGHT! Quite sad how this game riddles itself into ya real life smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackson44dday:

then why do people think they are so fun if they take a long time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The trick is to have multiple games going at once. If you've got between 5 and 10 going and at least one of them is a 5000 point, 60 turn game, you'll find yourself praying that no emails come in...

If they're mostly normal sized battles, you take your turn with one, send the file, take your turn with the other, send the file, etc. And before you know it, you've spent a few hours with your nose in the lush hills of CM.

It takes a bit longer if you want to mock, taunt, and humiliate your opponent with each turn, but it's really worth it in the end...

And, isn't that quote in your sig from Orwell? Who's Kane?

When I was 13/14 I played Vulcan and Desert Rats,( by R.T.Smith/ccs), on my spectrum 48k... I guess, with CM, you have a more graphical and real approach to the wargame world wink.gif

As far PBEM goes, I do 5 or 6 PBEM games at the same time,some players managed more others less, this way I always have a game turn to do... Since I have the game, only played 2 or 3 times against the AI. wink.gif

Hi Jackson I just finished my first PBEM today,(lost my a@# too!)it took about 2 1/2 weeks, mostly because I had to play late at night (working for a living sucks).Also because I'm playing 4 other PBEMs and I had to do them all in one sitting and still manage to play my single player games.

------------------

Nicht Schiessen!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>then why do people think they are so fun if they take a long time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, this is exactly what showed up in the Kinsey Institute Report. Too many jackrabbits out there. wink.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)