problem with saving and viewing screenshots.

Guest Rommel22

Guest Rommel22

During game play I try to save the screenshot, I press the key "Print scrn"

Ok I know that saves the screen or does it anyway I though that's it. After than I go to paint and try to paste the screen shot. But the picture that is pasted is the loading screen in CM. the screen that says, loading graphics. Does anyone know what the problem is or am I screwing up???

Thanx

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

Hi Rommel22

I frequently use the Print Screen button to grap a picture in CM. Never had any problems.

You may want to get a demo version of Paint Shop Pro. It has a very good screen capture feature.

Sorry I couldn't help you out on this but I think you had to try once more.

------------------

Malmvig

Maybe you have a 3dfx card? If so that is prolly the issue, the "prtscrn" is taking pics of the first card's screen while the action is going on with the second (3dfx) card screen. I've seen that happen with other games.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

What Banshee has said makes sense. If you're using a separate 3D accelerator card it will be running CM's graphics. A "Print Screen" will only capture what is in the frame buffer of the primary display, which in this case is the last screen it drew for CM... the "Loading 3D Graphics" screen.

I'd suggest using a screen capture utility that can work around this:

Hypersnap (the basic version is freeware ?):

http://www.hyperionics.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Private Pike:

I'm using a V3 3000 (3Dfx) on a Win98se machine nad have no problems with screen shots into paintbox.

Sorry this doesn't help I just thought I'd say it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may have misspoke, I meant a seperate 3d card, the majority of which whose chips are made by 3dfx. IIRC the V3 is not a seperate card but an all in one card. This issue would only arise if you have a second card.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

Guest Rommel22

That's exactly right, I have a Voodo2 ac my second disply driver. Oh well i am getting a new computer in 2-5 days. a 1Ghz with G2 video card 256 ram. haha.

Anything should ran good on that.

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."