Module 1 Scope Ponderings

I've recently been reading about the Warsaw Uprising. It occurred to me that quite a lot of things happened between the conclusion of Bagration and the Battle for Berlin. Which of these will Module 1 cover?

Steve did mention that Module 1 would pick up in Poland. I am guessing the Arctic front is out of the question, it'd be cool though. Same goes for the Budapest Offensive, and the latter Vienna Offensive. Yugoslavia is quite away. I am guessing the Vistual-Oder offensive will be featured. As such, I am hoping to see Eastern Polish Armed Forces. The 1st Polish Army saw action in Berlin, as well.

I hope we get a glimpse of the Warsaw Uprising, some good ol' fashioned 20th century COIN. No sign of a Warsaw master-map though, xD.

What do you guys think we'll see in Module 1? What do you hope to see?

1 hour ago, DerKommissar said:

the Warsaw Uprising, some good ol' fashioned 20th century COIN.

This would be cool.  Similar game mechanics to CMSF uncons but re-skinned and named partisans.  Would also have to get rid of all the IEDs ......... unless maybe the wire IED?  Not sure if the partisans had something comparable to the wire IED.  

32 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

This would be cool.  Similar game mechanics to CMSF uncons but re-skinned and named partisans.  Would also have to get rid of all the IEDs ......... unless maybe the wire IED?  Not sure if the partisans had something comparable to the wire IED.  

Home Army was actually quite well organized/equipped by partisan standards. They even had a few of their own armoured cars as well a handful of captured AT guns.

MWP_Kubus_3.JPG

I can imagine they had plenty of experience with explosives. One of their major strategic goals was the demolition of German infrastructure, such as bridges and railways. They received PIATs, as well as plastic explosives from Allied air-drops.

A big difference with CMSF, instead of getting points for preserving buildings -- the Germans would get points for reducing them to rubble. Scorched earth was the name of the game. Interestingly enough, various nationalist militias (the infamous RONA being one of them) saw service in the Uprising, Germans' own Uncons.

• 3 weeks later...

May be Wasaw-Lodzin-Poznan operation? 3 artillery regiments supporting 1 rifle battalion, "special echelones" - forward battalions, attacking in each division sector. Low density for Red army, 1 battalion instead of typical for early war 4. Artillery support was surprisingly stopped after 20 minutes and "special echelones" caught Germans unprepared.

Edited by DMS