German scout teams too big?

Sometimes, I split off a scout team from a German squad, and it gives me a team of 4 guys. I expected 2. Is this doctrincal or some issue with the splitting logic?

Also, the 4-man scout team gets the squad Panzerfaust, which I think should remain with the squad leader, unless I split off an AT team. They also take 8 out of 12 grenades with them, and sometimes demolition charges too.

This is happening in CMFB with an SS Pioneer platoon in the KG Peiper campaign.

Edited by Bulletpoint

On 6/22/2018 at 12:26 PM, Bulletpoint said:

Sometimes, I split off a scout team from a German squad, and it gives me a team of 4 guys. I expected 2. Is this doctrincal or some issue with the splitting logic?

Also, the 4-man scout team gets the squad Panzerfaust, which I think should remain with the squad leader, unless I split off an AT team. They also take 8 out of 12 grenades with them, and sometimes demolition charges too.

This is happening in CMFB with an SS Pioneer platoon in the KG Peiper campaign.

I think there wasn´t an actual sort of scout team doctrine for germans late war. They had something like that early war, called "Sicherer" (2-4 guys advancing before the main troops to provide some forward security during advances). Personally I prefer making or using non dedicated scout teams as I see fit and a prime requirement would be them having Binocs! Small yet unused HQ teams are well suited and are of the desired small size (2-4 max) if their duties can be taken over by other HQ nearby.

I´d assume it´s due to the engineer/pionier class for the SS team taking that much heavy ordnance. So it´s not unusual. Like above, I´d rather not split and assign the odd "scout" teams from a squad and take something more useful, like the mentioned small HQ teams. If they´re just to draw enemy fire, they´re good though.

Generally I find the splitting squad options less realistic and useful than could be in the game. I´d prefer to have them configurable and IE have the squad leader stay withg the lMG and such. Maybe something to discuss for the next game engine version...