Is the v1.01 the latest version??? :)

Hey Samu,

My understanding is:

v1.01 is latest ver. for actual game (via patch)

v1.02 is latest ver. for Gold Demo Only

v1.03 for game is supposed to be out sometime very soon (includes applicable stuff from v1.02 demo patch plus other new stuff).

Mikester out.

What I dont really know is why when I received the full game this week, both on the CD and when you boot up it says V1.02???

If the full game is now at V1.02 why is there not a full game patch to V1.02?

I believe the reason is they figured they'd have v1.03 patch out so soon relative to having a v1.02 patch out that it wasn't worth taking the time to issue a v1.02 patch at all. So they are simply going straight to the v1.03 patch.

Mikester out.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

1. v. 1.03 will be coming out 'shortly'

2. I did read somewhere that the second round of CM CDs came straight from Battlefront with v. 1.02 pre-installed (this is referred to as slipstreaming a patch).

3. Release of the 1.03 patch will make all existing PBEMs obsolete and will require us to restart our PBEMs.

Actually having to restart the PBEM from scratch is the excuse I'm allowing my buddy to use so he can bow out gracefully and not have to suffer utter humiliation at the hands of the Pook! LOL

- Jerry

------------------

[HC]Pookie

http://talk.to/hc

hcpookie@hotmail.com

Hi all, been away from the board for a while. Why check the board when you already have the game, right? Anyway, I just surf around the fan sites every so often to check for new scenarios and mods.

However, when IS the v1.03 patch due out? I saw that Fionn said that it will be released late next week, but that was a post from last weekend or so.

And so will v1.01 PBEM games not be compatible with v1.03 games?

EDIT: Whoops, so the "Red Devils in Arnhem" operation I'm currently engaged in with my buddy via PBEM will be destroyed by the v1.03 patch??? Oh well, I kicked his ass in the first 15 turn excursion.

------------------

"I for one, am pretty damn close to Genius"--Ol' Blood & Maximus

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 07-07-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Written by hcpookie:

2. I did read somewhere that the second round of CM CDs came straight from Battlefront with v.1.02 pre-installed (this is referred to as slipstreaming a patch).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made a speical arrangement with Steve and my copyied is shipped June 29 and arrive in July 7. AFAICT, the new batch is still 1.00.

Griffin @ home.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hcpookie:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong:

1. v. 1.03 will be coming out 'shortly'

2. I did read somewhere that the second round of CM CDs came straight from Battlefront with v. 1.02 pre-installed (this is referred to as slipstreaming a patch).

3. Release of the 1.03 patch will make all existing PBEMs obsolete and will require us to restart our PBEMs.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, well, into the Valley of Death

From the posts I've read here, Version 1.0 shipped on the original CD. That can presently be patched to version 1.01.

Version 1.02 shipped out on the second print run of CDs, so some folk out there may have gotten the full version of the game as 1.02.

The current Gold Demo version of the game is version 1.02 (but a Demo only, mind, with no new scenarios)

The next full patch for registered, full versions of the game will be version 1.03 (which will include the improvements/tweaks/bug fixes (if any) of version 1.02, plus whatever BTS has patched/altered/played with since then.

According to sordid rumours and repeated drum banging, that will be out sometime within 1-5 days of this post (and that timeframe is my own, BTS said 'later in the week', and that was like a week ago. The nice thing is, these guys don't seem to release patches before they work and/or cover everything they want to improve).

The impetous for releasing a full version 1.02 to some customers seems to have been: they were already into the second print run, so why not send out the most current version of the game. The reason for not releasing the 1.02 patch: there was more they still wanted to do, and they still had time to do what they wanted with the game, since they'd patched the initial version even before it was released. In time, all shall be made clear.

Oops, sorry, and as regards the compatibility of Email games: I've read the version 1.0 is compatible with the original demo, and with the Gold Demo version 1.0. As far as I know, version (patched) 1.01 is not compatible with older versions (they made major changes for security/bug reasons to the PBEM function). I can't imagine then, that PBEM files for version 1.02 or 1.03 will be compatible with older versions, but I could be wrong. I think your best bet is, if you're currently playing a PBEM with someone, keep your current incarnation of the game on hand until you're done. In terms of playing PBEMs with people who still have the older version: they should upgrade, or buy the full version of the game. The version involved could easily be ascertained by email with potential opponents. Talk to each other.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 07-08-2000).]