Suppression Question

Quick question, like to hear you guys thoughts....

Let's say the enemy is on the bottom floor of a two story house, and my MG crew can only direct fire into the top floor (above enemy) --- will that enemy feel any suppression effects at all? or just mitigated...

-Boz

Suppression depends on the accuracy of the fire. So, MG fire that is right on top of the target, is more effective. MG fire that is not even aimed at the target, especially a target in a house, is of dubious suppression value. I'm sure it could fill the suppression bar half-way through, if the enemy is of poor quality.

My experience with the .30 cals is that they take some time to pin the enemy under consistent fire, as opposed to the burst of an MG-42. Generally your targets are the windows of the floor of the suspected enemy. Little use shooting .30 cal at a cement wall.

On the other hand, an MG rat-tat-tat-ing off brings a lot of attention. While this could be potentially dangerous for the MG, as mortars could be coming their way -- it could distract from the movement of a flanking team. Yet, this is quite irrelevant to the enemy squad on the bottom story.

With 4.0 there's a documented tendency for troops to randomly lose it under fire. They could randomly reconsider their existence and try to run from the building, which is good for you. However, it's quite unlikely.