Non Historical Senarios

I think it would be fun to be able to create scenarios where you have Americans vs. British or Germans vs. Germans. When CM2 comes out you could have the Americans fight the Russians. Who cares if it isn't realistic, it would be fun.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Well, the pitting of Allied armies against one another is simply not possible in CM simply due to the way it was coded. Whether it be German vs German or American vs British, etc.. Because as the side selection is in the Demo, you can only pick between Allies or Axis.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

I think we should nominate Robert/1 for a "Captain Manieri Award"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Patton Option... Oh yes! When Combat Mission 2 rolls around, I too will join the ranks of those who pray for an option that allows mixed nationality forces and same nationality versus same nationality scenarios.

While I dread the concept of taking a Sherman up against a late war Russian tank, the idea of playing out Patton's Drive to Moscow in Combat Mission 2 is enough to make me pre-pay on my Combat Mission 2 pre-order now.

Steve and Charles, I know it is very early to start begging for features in Combat Mission 2, but this is one that I'd be thrilled to see.

Thanks,

-Lurker

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

This does bring up a interesting question though.

Are there, or can there be, scenarios that have a mixture or combined allied nationalities, such as Brits & Amis vs Germans??

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

I think we should nominate Robert/1 for a "Captain Manieri Award"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lurker:

The Patton Option... Oh yes!

While I dread the concept of taking a Sherman up against a late war Russian tank, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shermans? Bah. Full array of Pershings and well maintained and supplied Panthers!

Guest Babra

hmmm.... Shermans, Pershings, assorted German things... vs. IS-3 et al. Think Patton could/would "drive" any further than the Oder? Maybe across a nuclear wasteland, but even then...

Guest Madmatt

Yes, you can mix allies together in Combat Mission.

You can do a scenario with Canadians and Brits for instance.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Compassion:

Shermans? Bah. Full array of Pershings and well maintained and supplied Panthers!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Compassion,

Do you think that the Allied army would throw away a perfectly good tank simply because it was obsolete? I imagine that if this hypothetical scenario had actually happened that there would have been lots of Sherman tanks in use.

Of course, any unit that I command during Patton's drive to Moscow would be heavily stocked with Pershings, Panthers, and lots of dedicated air support.

-Lurker

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Thanx Matt, thought for sure that that would and should be possible, but haven't heard of such on here.

And what is exactly on the fly design battles? Does it mean that you can edit an already existing scenario or what?

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-26-2000).]

Guest OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer

This is kind of a mixed thread, but regarding the "Patton option". I think the Wermacht discovered in 1941/2 what Napoleon had discovered in 1812. I suspect Patton would have discovered the same thing again.

Which is not to say that an attempt to drive on Moscow would not make for many interesting tactical engagements....I just would not expect them to ever end.....

Ober

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer:

This is kind of a mixed thread, but regarding the "Patton option". I think the Wermacht discovered in 1941/2 what Napoleon had discovered in 1812. I suspect Patton would have discovered the same thing again.

Which is not to say that an attempt to drive on Moscow would not make for many interesting tactical engagements....I just would not expect them to ever end.....

Ober<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damnit Man!

How dare you expose my dreams to the harsh light of reality? In my mind, I can easily see Patton and Guderian making sweeping attacks across the steps and crushing all opposition.

If you didn't have one of the coolest names on the entire board, I'd have to take serious offense.

-Lurker

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Because as the side selection is in the Demo, you can only pick between Allies or Axis.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and somwhere in the game there is a definition of who is axis and who is allies. Maybe a patch can allow the player to define who is axis and who is allies?