Target Armour Arc and Assault Guns

If I give a StuG or assault gun a Target Armour Arc, shouldn't it turn and face? Tanks have a turret, so don't turn and face an arc given, they just turn their turret, I accept this but I would often prefer it if they they did turn the hull too if stationary, however. But please tell me this is not the same for Assault guns, because I just saw that in a game I was playing. My StuG rolled up, to the waypoint then sat facing on that course and did not respond to the arc command at the node, I just tested it again with different types of target arc and saw the same. This behaviour seems counter-intuitive to me. The game should at least interpret it as a face command first then switch to a target arc for vehicles with a fwd-firing main armement.

I understand what you're saying, but I can counter-argue that facing should not necessarily follow the Target Arc command. There is Face for that (but then you lose the Target Arc ability to limit what the vehicle engages.)

I get it.

A work-around, and keeping the Target Arc, would be to add a very short movement path so the vehicle ends up facing the direction you want on the way to the final waypoint.

3 hours ago, c3k said:

A work-around, and keeping the Target Arc, would be to add a very short movement path so the vehicle ends up facing the direction you want on the way to the final waypoint.

This is not just a workaround but good SOP. Using a face command is a order the TC will try to get the driver to follow. If something dangerous or juicy shows up while they are executing that order the dance of death (or missed opportunity) can result: where the AFV is conflicted between the ordered face command and engaging the target. It used to be really bad where neither would happen. Now they at least finish the first engagement and then go back to the face order but that is still pretty inconvenient a lot of the time.

I try to setup my move orders so that AFVs end up naturally pointing in the direction I think is best. That way once they arrive the TC is free to engage whatever is there or shows up without any conflicting orders.