Age of Wonders

Anyone tried the Age of WOnders demo?

If you havent get it - its a must play game for strategy fans! And its not a RTS smile.gif

Its kind simultaneous turn based - just try the demo! biggrin.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Oh, oh ...

Like in this forum, i was a member in the AoW-Forum. After release, I was very disappointed about the game AI. The game itself is really beautiful, but the AI is really bad!!!!!!!! There had been much more to come out of AoW - hmmmm, what a pitty.

Try Heroes of Might and Magic - it´s graphics are ugly, but the game is top.

So, i´m very happy, that Cm seems to be a good game in every part, even in the AI and graphics.

Greetings from Germany - Jochen

It all depends on the type of game u are looking for.

Simple game = PG 3D

More involved proper wargame = West Front.

Panzer Elite = tank sim.

They're difficult to compare unless you know which genre and type of game + complexity level you want.

STay away from West front - your getting Cm anyway smile.gif

I say get Panzer ELite - which is also quite tweakable! biggrin.gif If I get it, you can expect tweaks from me wink.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

Guest -panzershreck-

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Anyone tried the Age of WOnders demo?

If you havent get it - its a must play game for strategy fans! And its not a RTS smile.gif

Its kind simultaneous turn based - just try the demo! biggrin.gif

I am a weenie biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just figured out how to use the qoute thingy

CoolColJ, WF has got NOTHING TO DO with CM!!!

Can you play Corps-or even regiment- level battles in CM? No! Do you have to worry whether your tanks are hull-down or not in WF? No! Is WF squad based? No! Does CM cover the Mediterranean theater? No, no , and no...

So stop thrashing the Campaign Series "because CM is better", they are complementary. Personally I prefer the Campaign Series(no shame!) because I prefer grand tactics, rather than squad-based tactics. But you can live with both of them!

PanzerLeader

In the defense of CCJ I have purchased both East and West front the latest builds onthe market, Both games were full of bugs and after exeperiencing the WEGO/with movie of CM I found them to be utterly boring even when it did run for the 2/3 of a game without crashing. Although CM an The EF/WF series are different the excitement of CM is simply not present in EF/WF, since the question was what should I buy I think the comparison is more than fair.

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

CoolColJ and SS, fair enough guys, I can understand that some people don't like the Campaign Series, although all these bugs you mention didn't plague me...If you think WF/EF2 is too slow don't even try TOAW!! wink.gif

Yup I also find some scenarios a bit boring, but once you get hooked on something you can't stop playing smile.gif The tactical richness of the situations exceeds -for me- the thrill of watching real-time movies.

BTW it is best to play these games on 2D mode, that way you can play bigger, and therefore more interesting battles.